Calais, Parts in General, Where do you buy??

Canuck121

Administrator
Staff member
Figured I would start up a thread to see how many actually go down to C&E to pick up parts? Perhaps we can even start up a train type system to make it easier to get parts to wherever they need to go if someone is willing? I travel to Moncton quite often and more than willing to take stuff back with me to NS.....as long as it fits in my car lol.

So we will use this thread for that and for anyone looking to get help on something that might not be local to them......for example needing someone to lay eyes on something, parts, car, etc.

I will be driving from Halifax to Miriamichi round trip on Monday. If anyone has or needs stuff delivered in between those points just let me know.

If anyone is going Moncton to Halifax soon let me know. I will be a heading the reverse in a couple weeks FYI

Thanks for the offer Gerry :)

I will be up on that Friday so probably pass you somewhere on the highway lol. Had hoped that someone might be coming this way in the next few days. But I can wait....that's part of the fun.

Traveling Halifax- Moncton-Fredericton- Bathurst- Halifax this week . Pickups can start in Moncton as Hfx departure is early - let me know

Have fun in Moncton. Congrats to Debbie on her induction to the Maritime Motorsports Hall of Fame!

Have some pieces in Moncton for the Honda but Karen's brother will be here on the weekend with the delivery ?

Haha....not yet ;)

Car came with the protection package which consists of the rubber mats, rubber trunk liner and rock guards. Strange things is the Canadian version has the rock guards on the back and not the front. Found out that you can get the front ones in the US so I ordered them.

So question for all the folks out there. I know a good majority of you are in NB. Where do you buy your parts from the most?? US or Canada? Seems we don't really have a lot for parts options (locally) here in the east. So if there was at the prices you normally find with Canadian companies, where would you buy?

Transport ? I'm heading for Sydney tomorrow early am, heading back Thursday to Metro if anyone needs pickups. I know it's not a normal parts destination but maybe Kijiji purchases still need to get home. Let me know

Canuck166;n10751 said:
So question for all the folks out there. I know a good majority of you are in NB. Where do you buy your parts from the most?? US or Canada? Seems we don't really have a lot for parts options (locally) here in the east. So if there was at the prices you normally find with Canadian companies, where would you buy?

Most of my mustang purchases have been from American Muscle.. one time I bought a set of wheels from LMR too. This Christmas I know I have a few parts coming from LMR. The only parts on this side of the border I've ever purchased have been used ones. Love used parts :)

I have purchased from just about all the Mustang shops with good results. With the exception of Steeda.ca,hit or miss there for sure.
In Canada The Mustang Shop in Calgary, Mustang Direct in Quebec and TDOT Performance in Ontario.
States: CJ Pony, Steeda.com, LMR and American Muscle.
I always shop around and research as much as possible when looking for something. I got my exhaust from TDOT for the same amount CND as American Muscle wanted USD with no shipping charges or exchange. Some times the Canadian retailers will have stock that they bought when the dollar was at par and they haven't bumped the price to reflect the new exchange, etc.
Didn't see any good deals this black friday. Thinking of a Torsen diff as next mod, T2R with a bias of 4.0 , so far I've seen pricing from 680 USD to over 900 USD
Be great if we could buy local, combine orders or find someway to arrange pick ups to reduce the costs. But as someone once said "ya gotta pay for your poison". We're not in this to save money or we'd have never bought Mustangs...but finding a good price for something you were going to buy anyway is fun.

Back