Best and Worst Mods

92LX302

Staff member
This should be interesting... Name the best and the worst mod you've ever done to your car.

​For me:

​Best - Maximum Motorsport control arms. Helped the handlning of a 30 years old car a lot. Especially when said car was known to handle like a wet noodle when new.

​Worst - Edelbrock E-Street heads. Eddy advertised them as hydraulic lifter compatible when they first came out. They quickly changed that. Too bad mine took 8 pistons with them.

So far, I have not done a whole lot of mods n stuff . Would have to say at the time I first got the 20" rims , I thought they were the worst thing I did and wasted my $. Ride was horrible and rough..after replacement of the first set of tires to more suitable size for those rims, the ride improved... so far the best is when I got the SR top strut brace, That seems to be the cure ! Rides much better and takes bumps and corners more comfortable and less nerve racking.

Best mod so far is the Love the Drive Wind deflector - makes Jackie happy! Happy wife = Happy life.

My ears really like the Ford Racing KR500 axle-backs though. Worst mod was the Falken tire trial - been there - done that - got what I paid for, not what I was hoping for. Even the worst so far was not a horror story- just a lesson learned.

Best mod.....I would have to say my 4.10 gears.

Worst....mach 1 grill delete. Pulled it right back off the next morning. I did not like the look of it with the GT bumper after all.

I will be getting one of those window deflectors at some point.

Minimal Mods.Everyone has improved the Car.

Spec Stage 2 Clutch and Aluminum Flywheel.

Projector Head Lights.

Both Day and Night over Factory Parts.

Next Mod will also be a success, an MGW Short Throw Shifter.

I have been fortunate so far, most Mods I liked. 2008 being the one that got the most.
When I switched to 20" wheels, I liked it, when I upgraded tires, I could have done better on sizes.
So if I had of kept car that would have been fixed with next set.
Lucky no horror stories yet :)

I will do a couple upgrades at some point. Oil separators and caster/camber plates.
Other than that not much. I haven't spent 5000 on tires yet. I hit 12,000km last year along with 5 track sessions, I doubt I could match that again. Last year we had amazing weather and track days were
always decent weather. We will see this year how I do, in the past I did between 6 & 8000km.
So 12000 is a lot for me.

I'm with you on the Flakens. Like we talked about this past weekend, these have to be the worse tires one can put on a Mustang, horrible ride.........lesson learned here as well.

Worst:accel plug on coil,one burnt in less than 2000km,steeda adjustable end links garbage,roush lowered springs.

Best:bilstein hd struts with steeda hd camber plates,QA1 rear shocks,Ford racing P lowering coils,dynatech driveshaft,baer rotors and pads,a good tune and CAI.

Candy Red GT;n13513 said:
Worst:accel plug on coil,one burnt in less than 2000km,steeda adjustable end links garbage,roush lowered springs.

Best:bilstein hd struts with steeda hd camber plates,QA1 rear shocks,Ford racing P lowering coils,dynatech driveshaft,baer rotors and pads,a good tune and CAI.

Interesting. What issues did you have with the end links and lowering springs? Or did you just not like the end result?

The steeda end links were noisy,came apart twice,roush lower springs not firm compare to Ford racing P springs,rear axle hitting exhaust pipes with the roushs,

I've got a full Roush suspension kit under my 06 convertible and I haven't had any problems with it.

It's a toss up what my best mod is, I have the same wind deflector as Gerry and it make a huge difference to the comfort factor on long drives, the Roush suspension and sway bar tightened up the ride nicely over stock. The one I'm most pleased with lately is the EBC rotors and pads that we put on, big improvement. Changing the brake fluid likely helped as well.

No disappointments so far

Only disappointment you have at the moment is not being on the cruise ship still LOL

Best Mod : MGW Short Throw Shifter.

Worst Mod : Spec Stage 2 Clutch, and Aluminum Flywheel.

So bad car a been parked for 2 weeks, an is booked for back to stock Clutch and Flywheel swap on August 14th at Shepp's Transmission n Moncton.

Back