Be Safe My Friends

Here in Western NS from Digby to Yarmouth had the smaller outages we usually get with a bit of wind and full trees but nothing crazy. Overall we were lucky with this one until you hit the South Shore and up from Lower Shelburne. We never lost power in the house here but all three sons in Halifax are still without power as of now. On the plus side - temperature is on the plus side. Pun intended. Hope everyone gets back to normal soon.

Into day 2…
Gen running, coffee brewed, checking pics of damage around the coast online. The next PEI run will look very different from last week’s visit! Pics of DT Ch’town look very familiar to Halifax after Juan on 2003.

Maritime Electric saying to prepare for min 48 hrs before restoration. Their track record is spotty in giving Islanders a pragmatic opinion of how long many will be dark. Dorian in 2019 had some without power for 10 days. Those needing roofs repaired, masts checked and ready for electric connection are going to keep trades busy til winter hits. Cleanup will be historic.

My watch ended two years ago, but I feel for those with the weight on their shoulders with decisions to take care of citizens, provide basic & emergency services over the next few days will need patience and understanding from folks. We all have a long runway to travel before we get past this one. Leaves a feeling of concern of just how powerful nature’s storms might be into the future.

Going to cut trees this morning still no power
Got to Tim’s before the. 27 Km Line that will be soon lol
Might have to take generator home for few hours today to save fridge still no power and internet/ phone service still quite spotty here

Still no power at home. Lost a couple of trees but nothing major. The cottage in PEI was much worse. Lost almost all the trees that surrounded the property and there is so much debris the person who sent me the video couldn’t get around to the back yard. Will hopefully get there this weekend and see it has any major damage.

Still no power at home. Lost a couple of trees but nothing major. The cottage in PEI was much worse. Lost almost all the trees that surrounded the property and there is so much debris the person who sent me the video couldn’t get around to the back yard. Will hopefully get there this weekend and see it has any major damage.
That sucks Jason. Hopefully no major damage to the cottage

I sure hope all the forum members remain safe, and haven't suffered any major devastation.

I read one report today that said an apartment building in Port Aux Basques was washed out to sea. I can't imagine how large the waves must have been to do that..

That sucks. No traffic lights seem to confuse alot of people. Most don’t know that it becomes a 4 way stop it seems.
Most forget where they are lol
I am surprised they are not more accidents
Seen lots but considering how fast some are going through intersection wonder not more dead people, would that be death by accident or would it be storm related??

Back