Atlantic Nationals 2022

If you paid in advance for 2020, then you are already registered and paid for this one! You just have to turn up and collect your wristbands etc.

Also worth noting they are doing it as two shows in one this year…… with the older cars in the lower area (using the normal entrance) and the newer ones in the upper area (separate entrance slightly further along).

If you paid in advance for 2020, then you are already registered and paid for this one! You just have to turn up and collect your wristbands etc.

Also worth noting they are doing it as two shows in one this year…… with the older cars in the lower area (using the normal entrance) and the newer ones in the upper area (separate entrance slightly further along).
old guys finally got there way, don't modern stuff in show,
now they keep them apart so its like there not there for powers to be.

old guys finally got there way, don't modern stuff in show,
now they keep them apart so its like there not there for powers to be.
Yup I agree. Not a fan of the new format myself. The guys that have been going for years and parking with their buddies May no longer be able to do so anymore if there isn’t enough age difference.

Looks like they will be keeping my 2020 registration money as well.

Technically 1997 should be an Antque, cause it’s 25 years old which used to be considered an Antique when a 20 yearw Old Vehicle was considered a Classic.

Now the Snobs that own cars from the 70’s or earlier have changed the Rules.

I say

Screw Them ??

I will park my 21 year old BULLITT on the upper level and enjoy my weekend ?

I belonged to a Classic Car FB Group but left cause I was tired of arguing with those Old Farts who were telling me that my 21 year old Limited Production, numbered BULLITT Mustang was not a Classic

I had one comment that if we let you in then we’ll have to let a 2001 Toyota Echo ?

WTF ?

Life is to short to waste energy of narrow minded idiots

So the way I see it

This was a good compromise to keep growing the show and shut the Old Farts up.

We are still all eligible for the major participation prizes ?
ya its all BS and no one post 70 wins anything they have a say in anyway.
Sad old men trying to control the play ground, instead of
building a better show of classic's and unique cars and trucks.

Last edited:
Technically 1997 should be an Antque, cause it’s 25 years old which used to be considered an Antique when a 20 yearw Old Vehicle was considered a Classic.

Now the Snobs that own cars from the 70’s or earlier have changed the Rules.

I say

Screw Them ??

I will park my 21 year old BULLITT on the upper level and enjoy my weekend ?

I belonged to a Classic Car FB Group but left cause I was tired of arguing with those Old Farts who were telling me that my 21 year old Limited Production, numbered BULLITT Mustang was not a Classic

I had one comment that if we let you in then we’ll have to let a 2001 Toyota Echo ?

WTF ?

Life is to short to waste energy of narrow minded idiots
I agree let's have our own car show on the upper area. I have seen Bill's post this morning about old farts going to a newer vehicle owner and getting into an argument with him then getting heated enough that they had to intervened. I would've ban those f@#ers with their moth balls smelling vehicles from the show for life. Anyway as a real car guys I can appreciate all make and model, and all type and years of vehicle as to their owners, they are special.

Last edited:
Yeah I read that this morning as well Marcel. Not cool at all. I am the same I love every car for what they are. At the end of the day we all have the same common interest. Some just don't have the common sense to go along with it and keep their opinions to themselves. Sad actually.

For those who want to see Bill's post, here it is.

"Bill Doherty"
"An update and explanation about the New Car and Older Car Show Areas....
First, a brief history….
The original guidelines for the Show was pre 1980 cars only. That got blurred right from the start with the inclusion of newer Corvettes and Mustangs in their respective Club displays. We truly welcomed their participation and they have grown to be a key element of the Show. In the early 2000’s, we had a number of other “retro” cars begin to be produced including the Challenger and Camaro. This had led to the ever increasing numbers of the newer cars, despite the standing rule being “Pre 1980 only” which then become pre 1980 and special interest that then became pre 1980 and special interest and modified, etc. It is a struggle that all shows seem to have. We have received many, many comments over the years, particularly from some of the older car owners who didn’t appreciate the newer vehicles. Comments like “If I wanted to see a new (insert name of car here) I would go to the showroom. This sentiment bubbled over in recent years, where some of these folks actually approached some of the newer car owners. We had a messy incident last summer at our Fun Run show where some folks approached the owner ofone of these newer cars quite aggressively. Clearly we had to deal with this situation.
At the same time, it has proven very difficult for the owner of these newer cars to ever actually win an award at the Show, with so many older and more attention getting vehicles. Like everything else in the Show that has evolved over time, we felt it time to review the entire process.
Our Solution:
Everything is a work in progress, and we hope that this will be a solution that will lead to growth in numbers of both newer cars and older ones as well. What we are planning this year is to have all vehicles older than 1988 enter the main gates of the Park with those newer than 1987 entering the upper gates. The many Car Clubs would likewise enter the upper area, such as the Corvette Club, the Mustang Club, F body Club, etc. We have always recognized that many people travel with a group of friends or meet friends at the Show, many with vehicles from both classes. It has never been our intention to disaffect either group and to satisfy everyone coming to the Show to the very best of our ability. To that end, and from my very first post about this change, I have made it clear that those travelling together could indeed park as a group. Initially I proposed that those travelling with mixed groups would go together to the upper area of the Park. At the time of the announcement, we were unsure of the condition of the bowl, or if we would be permitted to park there due to the new grass and landscaping, etc. Last year, you will remember that area was a strictly no go area due to construction. We have recently received the “All Clear” to use the lower bowl area as well, so those groups with mixed age of vehicles can now park in either of the upper area OR the bowl. This provides for a good mix for everyone and will allow for a great flow through the Park. We hope everyone will approach this with an open mind as we work through the change. As for the Awards, we now plan to do awards for the newer cars on Saturday and the older ones on Sunday. Everyone registered for the weekend will be eligible for ALL of the Grand Prizes which will be awarded on Sunday."

Yeah I read that as well Fred this morning. Not cool at all. I am the same I love every car for what they are. At the end of the day we all have the same common interest. Some just don't have the common sense to go along with it and keep their opinions to themselves. Sad actually.

For those who want to see Bill's post, here it is.

"Bill Doherty"
"An update and explanation about the New Car and Older Car Show Areas....
First, a brief history….
The original guidelines for the Show was pre 1980 cars only. That got blurred right from the start with the inclusion of newer Corvettes and Mustangs in their respective Club displays. We truly welcomed their participation and they have grown to be a key element of the Show. In the early 2000’s, we had a number of other “retro” cars begin to be produced including the Challenger and Camaro. This had led to the ever increasing numbers of the newer cars, despite the standing rule being “Pre 1980 only” which then become pre 1980 and special interest that then became pre 1980 and special interest and modified, etc. It is a struggle that all shows seem to have. We have received many, many comments over the years, particularly from some of the older car owners who didn’t appreciate the newer vehicles. Comments like “If I wanted to see a new (insert name of car here) I would go to the showroom. This sentiment bubbled over in recent years, where some of these folks actually approached some of the newer car owners. We had a messy incident last summer at our Fun Run show where some folks approached the owner ofone of these newer cars quite aggressively. Clearly we had to deal with this situation.
At the same time, it has proven very difficult for the owner of these newer cars to ever actually win an award at the Show, with so many older and more attention getting vehicles. Like everything else in the Show that has evolved over time, we felt it time to review the entire process.
Our Solution:
Everything is a work in progress, and we hope that this will be a solution that will lead to growth in numbers of both newer cars and older ones as well. What we are planning this year is to have all vehicles older than 1988 enter the main gates of the Park with those newer than 1987 entering the upper gates. The many Car Clubs would likewise enter the upper area, such as the Corvette Club, the Mustang Club, F body Club, etc. We have always recognized that many people travel with a group of friends or meet friends at the Show, many with vehicles from both classes. It has never been our intention to disaffect either group and to satisfy everyone coming to the Show to the very best of our ability. To that end, and from my very first post about this change, I have made it clear that those travelling together could indeed park as a group. Initially I proposed that those travelling with mixed groups would go together to the upper area of the Park. At the time of the announcement, we were unsure of the condition of the bowl, or if we would be permitted to park there due to the new grass and landscaping, etc. Last year, you will remember that area was a strictly no go area due to construction. We have recently received the “All Clear” to use the lower bowl area as well, so those groups with mixed age of vehicles can now park in either of the upper area OR the bowl. This provides for a good mix for everyone and will allow for a great flow through the Park. We hope everyone will approach this with an open mind as we work through the change. As for the Awards, we now plan to do awards for the newer cars on Saturday and the older ones on Sunday. Everyone registered for the weekend will be eligible for ALL of the Grand Prizes which will be awarded on Sunday."
Fred ? ?

Back