As a newer member I am hoping to find help finding a good new or used axle back exhaust system for my 2008 GT

Welcome, good luck with the search, there's lots of options if you're buying new, depends on what sound you want.

Welcome, good luck with the search, there's lots of options if you're buying new, depends on what sound you want.
Oh I have been looking at prices online over the winter. I was just talking today to a buddy at Taylor Ford and he reminded me of this forum.
As for sound, I don't care, as long as it's not annoying like it has been. I was driving it wide open for a bit. :rolleyes:

Should have hung on to my take offs years back.
They went to the recycler a few years ago.

If no one offers you take offs, a good muffler shop might be able to just weld in the piece you need.

It sounds like you drive in winter.
If so, I would not invest in aftermarket.

An American site specializing in take off parts is NTO for New Take Off.
Maybe you can try them, although your vintage of car is getting old for commercial take off parts.

In Canada, you could try Dasilva Racing or Mustang Direct.
They tear into cars everyday and lots of customers just leave the old parts behind.

Or source local like 2001blackgtvert says.
Ford dealers can sell you Ford Performance by Borla. They make axle backs.
And some now carry Magnaflow becausr Action Truck Caps in a wholesaler of Magnaflow mow.

There’s another option.
Action truck caps.

Good luck.

Should have hung on to my take offs years back.
They went to the recycler a few years ago.

If no one offers you take offs, a good muffler shop might be able to just weld in the piece you need.

It sounds like you drive in winter.
If so, I would not invest in aftermarket.

An American site specializing in take off parts is NTO for New Take Off.
Maybe you can try them, although your vintage of car is getting old for commercial take off parts.

In Canada, you could try Dasilva Racing or Mustang Direct.
They tear into cars everyday and lots of customers just leave the old parts behind.

Or source local like 2001blackgtvert says.
Ford dealers can sell you Ford Performance by Borla. They make axle backs.
And some now carry Magnaflow becausr Action Truck Caps in a wholesaler of Magnaflow mow.

There’s another option.
Action truck caps.

Good luck.
Thanks. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do the full system. Your car looks like one that was for sale last summer along the 105. 1615930119780.png

I’ve got a 2013 GT with 75K on it. Original exhaust, I just started taking it off last week as I am replacing with a Borla S-Type Catback.

There you go.
Best bang for the buck with used set.

Sorry, your post title says you were looking for axle back.
That’s why posters are giving axle back info.

A full system is referred to as cat back.
Behind the catalytic converters.

I do have a set of axle back here in Dieppe that I can provide really cheap if you're interested. Came of my 2007, they aren't the oem mufflers either. PM me if you want them. (2005-2009 car are virtually the same).

cheers,

Back