Anyone have a 2000-2004 supercharged 4.6 2v

Jkeithnb

I would like to understand more about your experiences. To be honest I am agonizing whether to spend the extra 10K or so (thinking kenne bell) to install one or just upgrade cars.

Yes I love my car but that's a lot of money to put into a 2000 mustang.

Attachments

• 4ACE183E-40AC-4E12-B411-0223E269E0C5.jpeg
    4ACE183E-40AC-4E12-B411-0223E269E0C5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • ED180515-91CE-404D-B995-C18E24C05BCD.jpeg
    ED180515-91CE-404D-B995-C18E24C05BCD.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 3
Thats pretty subjective, depends on what you want out of your car, and if you want to spend the cash, you'll do it regardless.

Some guys want to upgrade what they have, but then you're always chasing something.

Other guys prefer turn key performance from the factory, a complete package engineered so all the pieces work together.

I poured a ton of cash into mods on my '06, and while that was rewarding, I prefer the GT350 as it rolled off the line.

Except maybe for the resonator delete.....that was worth it. lol

Thats pretty subjective, depends on what you want out of your car, and if you want to spend the cash, you'll do it regardless.

Some guys want to upgrade what they have, but then you're always chasing something.

Other guys prefer turn key performance from the factory, a complete package engineered so all the pieces work together.

I poured a ton of cash into mods on my '06, and while that was rewarding, I prefer the GT350 as it rolled off the line.

Except maybe for the resonator delete.....that was worth it. lol
That’s the thing I have already put a ton of money into it. Sigh…go big, be content decisions decisions decisions

I toyed with the idea of a supercharger as well. What I couldn’t wrap my head around is after I would sink all that money into my 01 would still be an 01. Don’t get me wrong I still love my 01 , however part of buying the new to us19 was reliability and power. I wanted something I could trust to take on long trips and be comfortable doing them. Factory power and tech won that one.

As mentioned above that is subjective. I sank lots of money into my 01 and don’t regret it one bit. It was time to stop and move on for us since we want to enjoy and travel more with our summer toy.

That is a highly subjective topic, and I think you are giving yourself a hint of the answer in your opening statement.

Where you say it’s a lot of money to put into a 2000 Mustang…

I think that statement reveals that it’s not the right move.
There could be buyer’s remorse after you are done.

I think the right candidate is one that just loves the car with intention of never selling.
Will it to the kids type of deal, and is not done toying with it.
Wants to invest more into it and has no second thoughts about it.

And like Charlie says and Mike echos, the new car is just a pleasure to own and drive.
A gigantic step forward.

I did this to a 2008 4.6 along with many other mods.
I miss that car and all the work done to it.
Was sold in order to buy my GT350
I love the GT 350, but not much I need to do to it,
I missed doing the Mods and upgrades.
Hence my 1990 fox build ( way behind lol)

IMO its simple, look at your goals for cars and future
to the best of your ability, what you want from the car
How you plan on using it? If you love it, plan on keeping it,
then do what makes you happy. Keeping in mind that much HP
will require better handling, better brakes etc.
So SC likely won't be only thing you end up doing.

Above folks are talking either or option
I say why not both lol

That is a highly subjective topic, and I think you are giving yourself a hint of the answer in your opening statement.

Where you say it’s a lot of money to put into a 2000 Mustang…

I think that statement reveals that it’s not the right move.
There could be buyer’s remorse after you are done.

I think the right candidate is one that just loves the car with intention of never selling.
Will it to the kids type of deal, and is not done toying with it.
Wants to invest more into it and has no second thoughts about it.

And like Charlie says and Mike echos, the new car is just a pleasure to own and drive.
A gigantic step forward.
I did this to a 2008 4.6 along with many other mods.
I miss that car and all the work done to it.
Was sold in order to buy my GT350
I love the GT 350, but not much I need to do to it,
I missed doing the Mods and upgrades.
Hence my 1990 fox build ( way behind lol)

IMO its simple, look at your goals for cars and future
to the best of your ability, what you want from the car
How you plan on using it? If you love it, plan on keeping it,
then do what makes you happy. Keeping in mind that much HP
will require better handling, better brakes etc.
So SC likely won't be only thing you end up doing.

Above folks are talking either or option
I say why not both lol
Thank you - ya nailed it

All of the comments were helpful - thanks - My conclusion: I love the car but it will always be a 2000 4.6 2V GT - by the time I upgrade the brakes and the cooling and maybe even the suspension and add a blower. I am gonna turn a 20k car into a 35k car that is still really a 20k car. I love the car it is pretty well a 9.9 out of 10 it is done up nice - will add a throttle body and a CAI and tune it and love it. If I ever feel like I don't I will sell it and upgrade it.

This is a different decision than where I was heading - appreciate the advice.

All of the comments were helpful - thanks - My conclusion: I love the car but it will always be a 2000 4.6 2V GT - by the time I upgrade the brakes and the cooling and maybe even the suspension and add a blower. I am gonna turn a 20k car into a 35k car that is still really a 20k car. I love the car it is pretty well a 9.9 out of 10 it is done up nice - will add a throttle body and a CAI and tune it and love it. If I ever feel like I don't I will sell it and upgrade it.

This is a different decision than where I was heading - appreciate the advice.

I would say as well this would be the wisest path forward. I've chucked a little fortune in handling + then added cams in my 2007 (mostly sound really), but now I'm chasing a mechanical gremlin following last summer's computer breakdown. Although not a lot is do to it, it's just enough a dealer would probably not look at it anyways. And as you said, it's still a $15-20K car at the end of the day.
I know on my end, i'll enjoy as it is (if i can ever again) after it's fixed and running properly sometime this summer. Doing it for you is good, but it's not putting an ounce of value for the resale unless you luck out and get a good car guy looking for exactly that car.

I would say as well this would be the wisest path forward. I've chucked a little fortune in handling + then added cams in my 2007 (mostly sound really), but now I'm chasing a mechanical gremlin following last summer's computer breakdown. Although not a lot is do to it, it's just enough a dealer would probably not look at it anyways. And as you said, it's still a $15-20K car at the end of the day.
I know on my end, i'll enjoy as it is (if i can ever again) after it's fixed and running properly sometime this summer. Doing it for you is good, but it's not putting an ounce of value for the resale unless you luck out and get a good car guy looking for exactly that car.
Thanks appreciate the advice and good luck

Guys from what I can see it doesn't look too bad to install a throttle body and plenum - from watching you tube it should reset (the new one) to the car if I let it run a bit and then go for a drive on the highway. Am I making senses? It shouldn't need a tune to make it to Louden
You don't need a tune , but car will run better once a tuner dials it in, also with your SCT hand held, there should be some basic canned tunes with parameters in there to adjust for new throttle body and CAI , these will allow you to adjust for more air flow

No need to start over.
You already invested in the springs.
Your factory shocks don’t have proper valving/dampening for those.

Invest in quality shocks and struts that are engineered for lowered car.
Among the best are Bilstein.
A few dollars more than others maybe but well worth it.

Your shorter sidewall tires are also contributing to a rougher ride.
There’s nothing you can do about that except go back to a taller sidewall.

Back