After Market

Don’t know anything about Raven.
I’m in northern NB.

Dealt with Steeda only once in 2007, back when I was a rookie at this stuff.
I was not too impressed.
Gave me feeling he was in it just to get my money.
Since then have learned that the guy in Toronto is absolutely not affiliated in any way with Steeda USA.
A bit of a fraud in a sense.
And also not a team. Basically just a 1 man show that manipulates his site to make readers believe he has the backing of Steeda USA.
Not true at all, and if Steeda USA were able to, they would sue to shut him down.
But being that he’s in Canada and the real Steeda is based in States they have not done that, yet.

Anyway, with a car like yours, I would personally do everything possible to get a custom dyno tune.
It’s a fairly expensive hot rod to begin with, easily north of $80,000.00 to your yard.
It already has good parts from factory in the CAI, throttle body and intake manifold from the Shelby GT350.
Getting a relatively cheap mail order tune doesn’t befit the level of car you have on your hands.
In my mind, a car like yours deserves a custom tune.

Having said that, 2 places I would highly recommend for dyno tune is Pete’s in southern New Hampshire.
I have never been to Pete’s but plenty of testimonials from members on this site and a couple guys from my area that live just across from me in Maine.
I would not hesitate one bit.

Second place, where I have been going since 2008, several times, with three different cars, is Dasilva Racing in Pickering, Ont.
Yah, either one is a bit of a drive, but your car deserves it.
Make holiday, getaway cruise out of it.

If, because of Covid or any other reason, you decide to pass on those two options and still opt for a mail order tune, I would get my tune from either Dasilva or Pete.

A third option for mail order tune, also Canadian, and a bit closer would be Mustang Direct in Montreal.
I would personally not ever deal with Steeda Canada.
Mustang Direct does not have a dyno.

For a closer Canadian dyno option, there is a place in Granby, Que.
For reasons of proximity and language, some guys from my area have gone there and I have herd good things as well but have never been nor researched.

Once you start with a tuning house, unless something goes wrong, you should stick with the same one.
So after so many years, my automatic default is Dasilva Racing.
Have always had great results and excellent treatment and service.
True professionals.
I often describe them as artists of their craft.
I make a road trip out of it.
Like a guy’s getaway. I leave everyday home stuff behind for a couple days and it’s just about me and my car.
I like that they are Canadian too.

From what I see, several members on here do the same when they go to Pete’s.
They make a car guy getaway out of it.

And for Canadian mail order of other parts, still Dasilva or Mustang Direct, if you want to deal with Canadian Mustang experts.

I went to Raven a couple of weeks ago to dyno my car. The fellow I was dealing with (James) sounds like he knows his stuff. There was a fellow there getting an exhaust installed and was asking question after question. He had a answer to all of them. If you have any questions for them the do answer emails very promptly

I’m in northern NB.

I was not too impressed.
Since then have learned that the guy in Toronto is absolutely not affiliated in any way with Steeda USA.
And also not a team. Basically just a 1 man show that manipulates his site to make readers believe he has the backing of Steeda USA.
Not true at all, and if Steeda USA were able to, they would sue to shut him down.
But being that he’s in Canada and the real Steeda is based in States they have not done that, yet.

Anyway, with a car like yours, I would personally do everything possible to get a custom dyno tune.
It’s a fairly expensive hot rod to begin with, easily north of $80,000.00 to your yard.
It already has good parts from factory in the CAI, throttle body and intake manifold from the Shelby GT350.
Getting a relatively cheap mail order tune doesn’t befit the level of car you have on your hands.

Having said that, 2 places I would highly recommend for dyno tune is Pete’s in southern New Hampshire.
I have never been to Pete’s but plenty of testimonials from members on this site and a couple guys from my area that live just across from me in Maine.

Second place, where I have been going since 2008, several times, with three different cars, is Dasilva Racing in Pickering, Ont.

If, because of Covid or any other reason, you decide to pass on those two options and still opt for a mail order tune, I would get my tune from either Dasilva or Pete.

A third option for mail order tune, also Canadian, and a bit closer would be Mustang Direct in Montreal.

For reasons of proximity and language, some guys from my area have gone there and I have herd good things as well but have never been nor researched.

Once you start with a tuning house, unless something goes wrong, you should stick with the same one.
True professionals.
Like a guy’s getaway. I leave everyday home stuff behind for a couple days and it’s just about me and my car.

And for Canadian mail order of other parts, still Dasilva or Mustang Direct, if you want to deal with Canadian Mustang experts.
Thank you for the reply I was not aware the Steeda in not part of Steeda USA I thought they were after speaking with them, thanks for the heads up and the advice

I had dealings with Steeda (Canada) in Milton as well back in the late 2000's, and I would echo Marc's comments.

I spent a considerable amount of money on my '06 GT for a CAI, X-Cal tuner, Kooks long tubes and a tune, and while the parts were top shelf, the customer experience was not so top shelf. Granted, that was a decade ago, but it's pretty much soured me on ever going back, even if there was new management.

Personally, and your mileage may vary, but again, as Marc said, you've got a factory hot rod with a factory warranty, I'm not sure why you'd want to add a tune.

There's another issue / debate about factory warranty and tune concerns voiding that warranty if you have a problem , but I'm not making the payments on your Mach.

Personally, I liked the fact I got everything I wanted with a stock GT350.......well, ok, stock other than adding FP lowering springs, BMR jacking rails, FP oil separators and a Corsa resonator delete. lol Drivetrain is still stock.

Last edited:
I tend to echo Marc on this topic.
I have heard a multitude of things about Raven,
personally I would never take my Mustang there.
I think he know shis stuff in some regards,
not sure about his dyno, heard good and bad about that
Not sure is experince with Mustangs, I know he knows 4 cyl. cars.

ALl that said I would use Desilva if closer with no Issues great rep,
hard core Mustang guys with tonns of knowledge.
Pete in New Hampsihire is my guy along with several others here.
We normally do a Spring dyno run yearly but covid has cancelled that.
I am hoping my build will be finished and borders are open so I can take
my lastest creation to Pete. He can be a bit difficult to reach at times,
but does incredible work, including sitting in my 08 and writing the tune
from scratch for that car, I was there 10 hours before it was right, hes a bit fussy.

As for Steeda ( Canada) it has no affilation with Steeda.com and The US company has actually tried
to sue to stop him, to best of my knowledge with no success, they did not own naming rights in Canada.
Hes at best a rip off artist. As for parts, American muscle, Late model restoration, maximu motorsports, Steeda.com
CJ Pony, leather performace, Mustang shop and a few more I have used with great success.
Find your best deal and shop accordingly :)

I had dealings with Steeda (Canada) in Milton as well back in the late 2000's, and I would echo Marc's comments.

I spent a considerable amount of money on my '06 GT for a CAI, X-Cal tuner, Kooks long tubes and a tune, and while the parts were top shelf, the customer experience was not so top shelf. Granted, that was a decade ago, but it's pretty much soured me on ever going back, even if there was new management.

Personally, and your mileage may vary, but again, as Marc said, you've got a factory hot rod with a factory warranty, I'm not sure why you'd want to add a tune.

There's another issue / debate about factory warranty and tune concerns voiding that warranty if you have a problem , but I'm not making the payments on your Mach.

Personally, I liked the fact I got everything I wanted with a stock GT350.......well, ok, stock other than adding FP lowering springs, BMR jacking rails, FP oil separators and a Corsa resonator delete. lol Drivetrain is still stock.
Thanks for the heads up. Did you go with a H or X resonator delete

I tend to echo Marc on this topic.
I have heard a multitude of things about Raven,
personally I would never take my Mustang there.
I think he know shis stuff in some regards,
not sure about his dyno, heard good and bad about that
Not sure is experince with Mustangs, I know he knows 4 cyl. cars.

ALl that said I would use Desilva if closer with no Issues great rep,
hard core Mustang guys with tonns of knowledge.
Pete in New Hampsihire is my guy along with several others here.
We normally do a Spring dyno run yearly but covid has cancelled that.
I am hoping my build will be finished and borders are open so I can take
my lastest creation to Pete. He can be a bit difficult to reach at times,
but does incredible work, including sitting in my 08 and writing the tune
from scratch for that car, I was there 10 hours before it was right, hes a bit fussy.

As for Steeda ( Canada) it has no affilation with Steeda.com and The US company has actually tried
to sue to stop him, to best of my knowledge with no success, they did not own naming rights in Canada.
Hes at best a rip off artist. As for parts, American muscle, Late model restoration, maximu motorsports, Steeda.com
CJ Pony, leather performace, Mustang shop and a few more I have used with great success.
Find your best deal and shop accordingly :)
Thanks for all the advice and I’ll have to see about the New Hampshire shop

I’m in northern NB.

I was not too impressed.

True professionals.

Thanks a lot I’ll check them out

You tube is a big help.

Some of the sites mentioned by Trevor have video clips right from their site, namely American Muscle and CJ Pony Parts.
For sound clips, I find CJ’s quite good.

All the sites Trevor mentioned are good.
In past, if one had access to a US address nearby where they could pick up themselves, they were very good deals because most if not all have free shipping in US.

Now with border closures, one has to consider brokerage fees, shipping to Canada, duties and taxes.
So shopping around is advised.
Mind you, all the good stuff is US made so covered by free trade, so practically no duty.

But it has leveled the field somewhat for Canadian businesses.

I have been looking around at all the sites and will continue to do my due diligence. i do appreciate all the help as I am new to the Mustang world, but i have I had it for a spin today and it is a pleasure to drive and have met a lot of other owners in the last week which has been fun to compare lol

Your dealer plays a big part in the warranty issue.
If you ask anout it, and they are not familiar with that world, it may give the service writer opportunity to simply tell you it will void the warranty.

But it’s only a negative thing if the dealer makes a big deal of it with the manufacturer.

Some dealers understand the process and will provide warranty work.
It’s not a tune that gives you 35-40 extra hp that will cause gaskets to leak, for example.
Or coils to misfire. Or a rear end to break.
A dealer that knows how this works will provide full service, including warranty.

In some more impersonal areas where no one knows anyone and no one cares about anyone, in larger centers mostly, car owners also get around the warranty issues by returning their car to stock tune before they visit the dealer and don’t say a word about its existance.

So there are diffetent answers and different ways to deal with the issue.

Depends how much work you do and how aggressive you go too.
If you keep the engine all stock, there should be not much of an issue.

Now if you do cams, ported heads or a SC, then a fellow has to put on his big boy pants and assume some of the responsibility. .

Lol I see a lot of guys in the net really putting a-lot into the engines turbos, superchargers…. Etc and the way it is presented that 650/700 HP is safe for these car but I don’t know yet I haven’t spoke to anyone in the real world and see what issues they are really having with such mods.

Lol I see a lot of guys in the net really putting a-lot into the engines turbos, superchargers…. Etc and the way it is presented that 650/700 HP is safe for these car but I don’t know yet I haven’t spoke to anyone in the real world and see what issues they are really having with such mods.
The coyote engine is amazingly strong.
The internals very well built and takes many of the
upgrades with no issues. Like most things of done right not a problem.

Exactly, if done right not many issues.
And like I said, a lot of dealers know this and know the game and will work with you for warranty.

I didn’t say last night but a lot of dealers sell tuners themselves.
Some for Mustangs, but mostly for F150s and Super Duty’s.
These come from factory with power adders, so tunes work very well.

The Ecoboost and diesel engines have turbos ready to be exploited.
Warranties are still honoured on those.

Last edited:
Back