A Sign of the Times

TrueBlue02058

Post King
Sent in my renewal fee for 2017 for my Membership in the Central New Brunswick Mustang Owners Club last week and received this e mail from them today. :(

" Received your membership dues for the club.

I am sorry to say at last nights’ meeting it was decided to stop accepting membership dues as the membership has been declining and we are not sure of how we want to proceed.

We are still trying to keep the club registered and going in some fashion, but at this time don’t want to accept any money just in case. The money was mainly used for our yearly show insurance, trophies and door prizes.

I will still be maintaining a membership list so we can send out emails advising on future plan "

I guess I will have to join the Nova Scotia Mustang Club. I'm Old School, and like the idea of belonging to an Official Mustang Club along with the Mustang Forums i belong to.

Realty of it is, most want to be apart of a club, but willing to do little to maintain it.
Social media allows us to get the Mustang interaction we want by simply joining Facebook groups.
Many read, few contribute. People are busier than ever before with almost ever family
have two people working, more than one interest and limited amount of time and money.

Even this forum has to work hard to build membership and involvement, yet we get thousands weekly reading.
We have to do this without asking for money and often get complaints about decisions we make.
It is the way of the 21st century.

I second having a Moncton club.Hopefully someone will want to put the effort into starting one.

Club had it's meeting last night and this is what they decided :

At our monthly meeting this week, we made some decisions about the future of our club.

In summary:
  • The Club will still be in existence and we will still meet each month ,on the first Monday of the month at Wood Motors.
  • We will not be having a Mustang show this year.
  • We will not be collecting membership fees any more.
  • New members are welcome but membership will essentially be free.
  • We will close down our Bank account and deal in cash( if we need any)
  • We will continue to retain and use the name: “Central New Brunswick Mustang Owners Club”.

Fine by me.

I lived too far to attend the meetings anyway, but I'll miss the Mustang Show every June.

Well that sucks. Well at Least they are not shutting down. Yeah it is usually a good show and turnout. Oh well maybe next year.

Well hopefully we grow the Mustang community as a whole.
Fred you can tell them they should join here, they can set up a spot to communicate
to members what they are doing locally and its free.

TrueBlue02058;n14388 said:
Club had it's meeting last night and this is what they decided :

At our monthly meeting this week, we made some decisions about the future of our club.

In summary:
  • The Club will still be in existence and we will still meet each month ,on the first Monday of the month at Wood Motors.
  • We will not be having a Mustang show this year.
  • We will not be collecting membership fees any more.
  • New members are welcome but membership will essentially be free.
  • We will close down our Bank account and deal in cash( if we need any)
  • We will continue to retain and use the name: “Central New Brunswick Mustang Owners Club”.

Fine by me.

I lived too far to attend the meetings anyway, but I'll miss the Mustang Show every June.

You know what we should do?

Send them a message a create them a section on this forum. It'd bring membership and they would have an easy way to communicate and share their events while bringing them in the 21 century.

I have that date reserved already ;) ...I meant the Fredericton show ,I got my answer now with Fred post

Start the Moncton club, by getting a name, then set up a section in groups
and use that for free. If you want go to sign shop and make decal.
It can be started for less than a couple hundred bucks. keep costs low to start.
Let it grow and if it goes where you want, you can look at membership fees
and other stuff later. It does not have to be massive money.
All it needs is a few dedicated people.

Right now we are going after sponsorship monies
Hopefully that will be enough, if not we would do some sort of
donate thing, I never want to charge an actual few.

Back