65 GT350 hillclimbing

AC Bill

Keep in mind in that although this is a GT with a lot of racing heritage, the owner isn't pushing the car on this hill. More a Sunday drive for this Shelby. Oh and if you want to buy it, better move quickly.

My Cobra has the identical sound that his car has..Music to my ears.

1598949771587.png

1598949842075.png

Last edited:
Car is amazing, love it, sounds great and your right not pushing it at all.
This guy is an example of someone who has money but not real car guy.
Who does a hill climb in a car like this wearing flip flops :rolleyes:

Which makes me wonder about this GT350..
The serial number " SFM5S048" for the $400K one, has to be a true Shelby issued #. We know that race driver Ken Miles GT350 was real, (selling for $3.85 million at Mecum Auctions this spring), It had the chassis number 5R002, being a prototype, and only the 2nd GT350, Shelby built.
This other 65 GT350 for sale, is showing a completely different number, that doesn't seem to relate at all, considering it's supposed to be the same year.
It doesn't say, (which it should, being in Hemmings), but I wonder if it's a clone? This could be why the price seems so low for such a low mileage car.

Which makes me wonder about this GT350..
The serial number " SFM5S048" for the $400K one, has to be a true Shelby issued #. We know that race driver Ken Miles GT350 was real, (selling for $3.85 million at Mecum Auctions this spring), It had the chassis number 5R002, being a prototype, and only the 2nd GT350, Shelby built.
This other 65 GT350 for sale, is showing a completely different number, that doesn't seem to relate at all, considering it's supposed to be the same year.
It doesn't say, (which it should, being in Hemmings), but I wonder if it's a clone? This could be why the price seems so low for such a low mileage car.

Ken miles was an R, his was not even counted in orignal 37 built, why worth so much.
Movie likely helped to. Previous R I seen sold for 1.1 million.
THis 350 was slightly turned into R over the years but was orignally GT350.
and not toally converted ever, if you look at photos.
not sure of total production numbers. but near as rare as an R

Building the GT350 raised the value of the old ones over night,
Now even a decent 65 fastback's are selling for 40 to 80k USD.

I wrote this last night but forgot to press the post button.

Great car and sound. Cool! ?

Flip flops and three pedals. Not so cool!

Back