2025 Fall run NB suggestions

Hwy 105 is also a nice fall drive . Especially once the leaves start changing. It follows the east side of the Saint John River from Fredericton all the way to Grand Falls.

A lot of potato harvest trucks and dust that time of year once you get close to Woodstock, then all the way to Grand Falls.
Fredericton to Mactaquac to Crabbe and back in some fashion would avoid the dust.

Ok, I pitched this idea to Charlie and Fred while in NS, and discussed with Roger.

It has the town with hotels and restaurants for Friday and Saturday nights.
It has a Tim Horton’s with large parking half way for nature break both morning and afternoon.
It has town with restaurants for lunch.
It has the best paved 100 miles of two lane highway in the north.
It will take us from rolling farmlands in the St-John valley across the top of the province through fall colours a rolling and curvy highway, to the Restigouche River and Baie dee Chaleurs, and back.
The distance and time frame are perfect for our needs.

With the quality of the pavement on the road, varying terrain and direction changes, and relatively low traffic on weekends it’s my favourite run to do up here,
I do it several times a season and often post about it.

Start and end in Grand Falls.
Best Western can easily handle our group.
But I’ll also check out Hilltop Motel and restaurant.
Hilltop could host our Saturday night and stay at same place.
View of, and easy walk to Falls tourist information centre for those who want to get there early Friday.

Run start in Grand Falls, through farmland in St-Andre to hwy 17.
Hwy 17 north to Campbellton, halfway stop in St-Quentin, on to Sugarloaf park for break and photo ops.
Lunch in Campbellton with more scenery on Restigouche river waterfront.
After lunch, cruise to beach in Charlo along shore route. More scenery there looking out over Baie des Chaleurs to Gaspe peninsula.

Then return on hwy 11 with view of Sugarloaf mountain approaching Campbellton, back to hwy 17.
Again Tim Horton’s in St-Quentin for halfway stop.
On to St-leonard to hwy 134 along St-John river back to Grand Falls.

Something different!
If some want to come up early on Friday, possibility to put together a short bonus, informal, afternoon run from Grand Falls down to Plaster Rock, then on to Perth Andover along the Tobique river, returning to Grand Falls along the St-John river.

Unfortunately, the two runs can’t be combined because they would be too long.

There it is.
You do have a good way with words, sounds great. It is always good in the end…..

Back