2021 F150, what's the best all-round package?

I have not fact checked these numbers but one of our salesmen today rambled these off quickly.
I thought it was impressive.

The outgoing 3.5 ecoboost was rated at 375 hp and 470 ft-lbs of torque.

The new one, called powerboost when paired with the generator, I think, is rated at 400 hp and 520 ft-llbs of torque.

Basically the old Raptor numbers.
I find that 520 torque number especially formidable because I find the pull of the 470 very impressive.
I can only imagine what 520 is like.

That’s the one power plant we haven’t received yet.
I’m looking forward to trying it out.

Always enjoy your posts Marc, well done !!

Couple of quick thoughts.... Rough Country took a page from the Weather Tech design, I like that style of floor mat, I throw a rubber mat with a tray for all the snow and crap on top of that. Not sure I'm a fan of the new interiors, I prefer mine mostly all black, the added brown on the dash panel and door panels doesn't do much for me, but I have to say the Velocity Blue keeps nagging at me. lol Think I mentioned before my current truck was almost ordered as Lightning Blue instead of Tuxedo Black, but changed at the last minute. A good number of my trucks had the moon roof ordered as an option, but next time round I believe I'm going to pass on the $1750 twin panel, don't think I use it enough to justify the cost.

I like the black gray interior, I know old school and boring,
but I like it. I had moon roof in my Harley Davidsion edition
and it was cool, but I agree I never used it or even paid attention to it.

Guess I am to old to sit looking up, If I want to stare at sky I will get out of
my truck and the cost saving can go somewhere else.

so nice, so expensive. ah! I may not have to worry about the price though, my wife wasn't real keen on me trading in the Jeep.

I'm a sucker for heated steering wheels. I had my first on a Kia, and my second on the Jeep Wrangler we have now. The Jeep steering wheel can almost burn you it gets so hot. I love them because I have poor circulation, so even leather gloves on a cold wheel is frustrating :(

Don't know, I kinda like both interiors and think the new ones are real nice except for that shifter, like the old one a lot more.

Panoramic Roofs, well here is my thought on Ford's excellent idea. On trucks the roof opens downwards and slides inside so during winter if you get lots of snow and ice on it the weight will make the roof whistle or even leak in certain circumstances so if you don't have access to a garage to thaw that stuff out it can be a problem. On the other hand my Edge's roof opens up and slides on top of the car so when down it sits on the frame, this way never had an issue in 10 plus years but both can be annoying during winter when thin ice forms up on them making them squeak. Either way I still like the open air and use them very often, and as to why I bought a vert I guess ?

I like the sliding rear window in trucks.
When you want open windows or even to let the fan work easier, crack the rear window and get good flow.
Eliminates pressure waves too when windows down.

I have no use for panel roofs.
Don’t want the extra sun exposure and when paying attention to road ahead, you cab’t see out of them.
Have to kink your neck to see out of them.

Would rather have shade, windows down and no A/C then open roof and A/C on.
And that describes my 06 Mustang.

So I guess we’re both true to our natures Roger. ?

We finally got a 3.5 Powerboost a couple days ago.
I got to go gas it up but, in traffic, could not open it up to see if noticeable difference over regular 3.5.

Window sticker bellow.
Notice it is a true and full hybrid, so the extra power must be from the electric part of the powertrain.
Since I’m not a big electric fan just yet, it would still not be for me.

Impressive however, is the generator option and it provides 7.2 Kw of electricity in this version, for only $1000 add on.
That’s compared to the 2.0 Kw available in the 5.0 for a $1300 premium.
You can see this in the window sticker I posted above earlier.
7.2 will power a whole house, or the whole camp during hunting season.

See mileage rated at 29 miles/gallon.

1039EC1A-EC5B-474E-87BB-0AF58483F5E4.jpeg

I took pic of outlets in the bed.

F846469C-2DB7-43DD-AB07-E85ED25DD4A5.jpeg

Ho, and some may recall I mentioned a while back that there were ceiling mounted speakers available for 2021.
This truck has them.
They are part of the $800 B&O Unleashed sound system with 18 speaker upgrade.

894E6A23-3C4C-4122-809F-A8D0B1F6F57B.jpeg

Last edited:
On the same day, we also received this 5.0 with 3.73 rear end.
I must say this pulled pretty good for a 5.0.
I think better than the 2020’s.
Sticker bellow.

Of note for 2021, only two rear gears available now with the 5.0.
Either 3.31 or 3.73.
3.55 is no longer available.

And 3.73 was never available with the 3.5, and still is not.
With all the torque, the 3.5 gets either the 3.31 or 3.55.

661D874D-8E2E-40D2-A4AB-EF6F4A688DB6.jpeg

Back