2021 Atlantic Nationals

2001BlackGTvert

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Guys,
A little late posting this I guess. With the lack of talk about the Nationals and it just being a very different year. We usually have some runs and stuff around the Nationals and that hopefully will continue once we are all permitted to get to normal.

Some of you probably saw that there was an update posted earlier this week concerning the Nationals so I will share this below for those who have not seen it.

Also guys, please share a past Atlantic Nationals memory in here or a photo to help us all think of happier car times ahead. The Nationals was the start of many fantastic Mustang memories and new friendships for me that I am very thankful for.

FROM THE ATLANTIC NATIONALS SITE
"We are now a bit over a month until the scheduled tentative date for this year's Atlantic Nationals. To say it has been a difficult year would be an understatement. There have been many bright moments and many more setbacks with the pandemic and all things related. I wanted to try to bring everyone up to speed on where we are as of today.

Discussions are ongoing with the City and Province regarding a possible Event or Events for this summer. While there has been a tentative roadmap to opening released by the Province late last week, it is important to note that that timeline is dependant on a number of issues taking place to set that plan in motion. At the present time, we have to look at what the current guidelines are and what we can do under current rules. As of today, we are allowed no more than 50 people for an outdoor event, which makes putting on a Show an impossibility. That said, we are hopeful that there will be some updates and changes to that number and indeed to the related rules.

It should be noted that it generally takes us 14 months to plan out a Show, and budget for it and make all of the required arrangements and contacts. With the uncertainty and the pandemic restrictions over the past 14 months, we have not been able to plan much of anything in depth.

I have often times said just how important Sponsorship is to our Show, and how we simply would not be able to present all of the features of the Atlantic Nationals without our valued Sponsors. Remember to ALWAYS support our Sponsors, as they are indeed the lifeblood of the Show!

While we still plan on presenting a Show for 2021, our timing remains uncertain as we wait to see where the revisions to the current guidelines take us. For sure, we would not want to have a Show under current situation, and then have our Atlantic bubble open up right after! Indeed, the end of the restrictions necessitated by the Pandemic appear to lay before us, however we simply cannot act on a proposed guideline, until we see that we meet all the criteria to make it happen. We are ALL hoping for the end of the Pandemic and it's restrictions!

When we are ready to announce our revised Show for 2021, please remember, it will likely look somewhat different than that of previous years, as we ease into a new post pandemic world. Because of the restrictions we have lived through over the past many months, we may be looking a having to amend or even cancel some portions of the Show for this year. It will also be pretty much impossible to have our usual slate of Celebrities and Guests, as well as headline musical attractions. We will be looking for new volunteers, additional Sponsorships and different venue for some of this years activities.

Please bear with us as we plan things carefully. We truly are all in this together!! Stay tuned for further updates and news!"

Mustang Corral.jpg

I was starting to wonder when an announcement would be made. I had checked last week and there wasn't anything just yet. Happy to see that it will follow any protocols in place to permit at least a half normal show. By this I mean, waiting for restrictions to be lifted/diminished and a reasonable size group for outdoors gathering.
Got to be honest, I'll be probably a little stressed out to meet a s$%t ton of people at the same place, without 2m and mask at first, but it'll be the first signs of a return back to normal. Here's some memories of better times. Namely the Friday & Saturday Maritime Mustang Runs of 2019.

IMG_9265[1].JPGIMG_9269[1].JPGIMG_9278[1].JPGIMG_9284[1].JPG

I was starting to wonder when an announcement would be made. I had checked last week and there wasn't anything just yet. Happy to see that it will follow any protocols in place to permit at least a half normal show. By this I mean, waiting for restrictions to be lifted/diminished and a reasonable size group for outdoors gathering.
Got to be honest, I'll be probably a little stressed out to meet a s$%t ton of people at the same place, without 2m and mask at first, but it'll be the first signs of a return back to normal. Here's some memories of better times. Namely the Friday & Saturday Maritime Mustang Runs of 2019.

View attachment 45861
See, the medias keep talking about the effects of the border closure on people with family on both side of the border but they won't tackle the real victims here...

People with car in storage in other provinces. Almost forgot about that redc thing. ?

That’s all very good saying they will honor the pre-registrations a lot of us did for the cancelled 2020 show, but that means we would be paying $40 for a $30 show!!!!!! I realize it’s all for charity, but some of their handling of this leaves a bit to be desired.

That’s all very good saying they will honor the pre-registrations a lot of us did for the cancelled 2020 show, but that means we would be paying $40 for a $30 show!!!!!! I realize it’s all for charity, but some of their handling of this leaves a bit to be desired.
I was going to say exactly the same, not really the same 30 and 40 ... I know it's not big chunk of change, it's just, Way it's handled I guess that's weird?

Back