2020 Fall Photo Contest Voting

Vote for your two favorite photos! Poll Closes October 19 th 2020. Good Luck Everyone!

• TrueBlue02058

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • pei_guy

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 2001BlackGTvert

• Lazerred2000

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Mcdavis

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 67 AGAIN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • thundr

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • MC Stanger

Votes: 15 71.4%

• 02yellowgt

• InDepth_70

• Ohtobbad

• Mineral Grey

• 05 gt 5spd

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2001BlackGTvert

Administrator
Staff member
TrueBlue02058
1TrueBlue02058.jpeg

pei_guy
2 pei_guy.jpg

2001BlackGTvert
3 2001BlackGTvert.jpeg

Lazerred2000
4 Lazerred2000.jpeg

Mcdavis
5 Mcdavis.jpeg

67 AGAIN
6 67 AGAIN.jpeg

thundr
7 thundr.jpg

MC Stanger
8 MC Stanger.JPG

9 50.jpg

02yellowgt
10 02yellowgt.JPG

InDepth_70
11 InDepth_70.jpeg

Ohtobbad
12 Ohtobbad.jpeg

Mineral Grey
13 Mineral Grey.jpg

05 gt 5spd
14 05 gt 5spd.JPG

Last edited:
Great entries in every contest I have seen here so far. Enjoy them all. I would like to think I am getting better at staging the car and showing the Eco-Boost some love.

The forum is great at helping me spend money too. Upgrades such as better brakes, lights, pressure washer to keep the car clean. Better camera now.

Wife says what about spending some on me? I think today she said I should be a “dear” and “spoil her”. All I heard was “rear spoiler” - I believe I will order one!

Thanks.

Well done, give us some pointers. What was your secrets of the shot.
Congratulations !
I think fall is the best season for pictures too.

Ask and ye shall receive. Hope it helps someone.

We tend to drive around a lot on back roads (highway only when time matters) and kept passing one spot in Saint Croix, NS which we always thought would be cool for a shot. Just happened to be going by it on route to Halifax 3 Oct, good light and just enough into the fall for some colors showing. Found a good position where the car, building and background all seemed to work.

I did upgrade my camera this summer when I did the calendar contest. Got a Nikon D3200 from a guy who sells used ones and just had the lens which it came with. The shot itself with the camera was with auto everything hand held. No extras. I am not good with the camera settings so I adjust afterward.

After I got the pic into the computer I used a free editor called GIMP to adjust the “shadows-highlights”. Other tools may have those adjustments too. The editor looks daunting at first but literally less than 30 seconds later I only played with that one set of sliders and it looked just right. Resized it small enough to post (5 MB) and saved.

Here is the original next to the export. Street view location

BeforeAfter.JPG

Back