2017 Fall Run.

2017 Fall Run.

• South Shore NS

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Port Hawksbury to Louisburg. Cape breton.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Funny National park NB

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Valley NS

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ohtobbad

Administrator
Staff member
Here are your choices.
Run route and details to be decided later.
Poll closes Nov. 30th

Clarification required here for me.. Valley NS would be the Annapolis Valley ? What is considered the South Shore , Either side of Halifax ? I thought Valley and South Shore were the same. As long as we are based in Halifax I'll go either way.

The south shore would be Chester through to Yarmouth. Valley would be Windsor throghh to Yarmouth. Eastern shore would be Dartmouth through to Ecum Secum and Canso

Rich I agree, but some have already commented on seeing Peggys cove.
So likely would be from Halifax to how every far we figure we can get in a day.
Depending on run picked, we can work out run details later.

I think this would be an amazing run.
Charlie gave us a taste of funny park this year
I think would be also cool to do.

I guess in the Maritimes we are lucky, so many places to explore.
We have years to do so :)

2001BlackGTvert;n9993 said:
True enough Trevor. Hopefully many many years.

Decisions. Decisions. Decisions. Lol

Tough to have great cars, people and places to drive them :)

I believe Funny national park or Fundy as most call it will be at its best in another couple of years. That new road is comung along great and is punching trough some great scenery when it makes its way trough to alma. Right now it is a dead end. I heard 3 years it should be complete?? I may be wrong on that

When you think about it, we have many, many great areas we could do.
Example, Rest of south shore NS, Valley. Eastern shore NS, Eastern side of Cape Breton NS. Another run around Cabot trail.
North shore NB, Funny park. St John NB. Fredricton NB, I can't think of right names, but another 2 or 3 pop out in NB.
North shore PEI eastern end of PEI. Most would also consider Gaspe again.
That covers about 10 years without a big effort.

I drove most of the Fundy parkway that's done this year - road is gated just before the trail to Long Beach.
Well worth the drive if you are in St Martins area - even though its a dead end .lots of twists

Yeah I heard that it is a must for our cars even of it is not complete yet. It is on the list to try next year. Twists put a smile on my face every time. Lol

You will find this amusing, the road has been finished all the way thru, although the last section is gravel..... however, I hear that they neglected to do an environmental assessment for the safety barriers..... so there will be a delay maybe years while that is completed before the barriers can be put in place!

Today is the last day to vote. South shore has a good lead
on the last day of campaigning, SO get out and vote.
Polls close at midnight today and all votes will be tallied
over night, with release of official results tomorrow :)

South Shore has a big lead. Instead of going from Chester to Yarmouth then turning around on same route to return to Halifax area, why don't we spend Friday night in Halifax, then head through Chester to Yarmouth and continue to Annapolis Royal or Wolfville where we could spend Saturday night. Then Sunday after breakfast everyone heads home.

Back