2016 Oxford White Mustang GT

I would do the electric cuts and if done at ford shop,
does not interrupt warranty.
2 reasons, one finding the right exhaust can be difficult.
2 cuts outs give you the results, when you want them.

That said the 2017 had a roush exhaust system on it
this weekend and sounded great :)

Ok, wasn't expecting the roush feedback but that's cool. I'll check out some vids .

Did you just get axle backs marcel?

Ron Caissie put Borlas on his California Special.He says you can hardly hear it inside but it sounds mean outside.Don't forget newer cars have more sound insulation.Stand outside and have someone drive the car past you.

Dave's right, so much insulation,they have to put on those sound tube from factory... sounded so fake I had to plugged mine.

Last edited:
So!

As some of you know, I had my car out there for sale recently. I had gotten an itch to make a change, but ALSO, as usual, I was unhappy about some volume and exhaust note issues I was having. Basically, didn't like the tone at some points, and was concerned about being a good neighbour. I have a bad habit of turning things up to 11 and then regretting the decision.

My existing setup was:
- Bassani LT headers, no cats
- 3" MBRP street cat-back

I didn't want to switch to another entirely new setup, so I ordered a set of 3" clamps and two MBRP R1013 4" resonators to install. On to the pics...

Removed the existing setup. That broke a sweat! Should do it more often.

IMG_1127.jpg

Mocking up where I'll be making my cuts.

IMG_1128.jpg

My mom always said ok to mix colours as long as you stay in-between the lines.
IMG_1130.jpg

Oops. new blade.

IMG_1131.jpg

Cuts complete and resonators installed! It was actually a bit easier than I thought it would be.

IMG_1133.jpg

I had originally hoped to cut and swap in the resonators with everything still attached under the car. It became pretty clear right away that that wasn't going to happen.

So, here's a cold start. First impressions - I'm back in love with the car. Good til spring, anyway!

Video:

I want to chat about the before and after of those resonators.....kill some of the drone? What's the sneak out of the neighborhood change? Like what I hear, Phil. Improved comfort on the inside?
Want your thoughts after some seat time and you're side trip to Mexico!

Sounds good. I was considering going the other way and cutting my resonators out and putting the "R" in rumble. lol

I know all about an exhaust tone that you hate and what its like to live with, I had the same thing with my '06.

Back