05-14 2005 - 2006 Convertible

If possible Marc I would suggest that your friend take a look at an '07-'09 model.
Reason being that the '05 and '06 were first 2 year models and they do have some issues.
By what I can tell most of these issues were addressed in the later years.
Just ask me, I found out really quick. lol
Nothing here that cannot be fixed or prevented but it would be better to go for the later year ones, IMO.
Now if for a specific reason your friend really wants an earlier model year tell him or her to pay attention to the passenger footwell as they usually leak there and rust (defective gromet on firewall, blocked drain or windshield issue), also inside the truck, usually in both side pockets but for some reason worst on driver side (trunk welds or leaking tail light). Spare tire area often show issues as well coming from same source.
But the worst issue is that the roof brackets were very weak and are prone to break, these were revised in '07, '10 and '14 according to the parts guy here at the local dealership so '07 brackets are better if my info is correct ?
And by the way you are probably way more informed on this than me, but just in case that convertibles are not your thing I figured I would put this out if it can save your friend a few headaches ? Other than that once things fixed they are fun cars and I do love mine.
Like you say, happy cruising and hope he or she finds a good one and enjoys it.

If possible Marc I would suggest that your friend take a look at an '07-'09 model.
Reason being that the '05 and '06 were first 2 year models and they do have some issues.
By what I can tell most of these issues were addressed in the later years.
Just ask me, I found out really quick. lol
Nothing here that cannot be fixed or prevented but it would be better to go for the later year ones, IMO.
Now if for a specific reason your friend really wants an earlier model year tell him or her to pay attention to the passenger footwell as they usually leak there and rust (defective gromet on firewall, blocked drain or windshield issue), also inside the truck, usually in both side pockets but for some reason worst on driver side (trunk welds or leaking tail light). Spare tire area often show issues as well coming from same source.
But the worst issue is that the roof brackets were very weak and are prone to break, these were revised in '07, '10 and '14 according to the parts guy here at the local dealership so '07 brackets are better if my info is correct ?
And by the way you are probably way more informed on this than me, but just in case that convertibles are not your thing I figured I would put this out if it can save your friend a few headaches ? Other than that once things fixed they are fun cars and I do love mine.
Like you say, happy cruising and hope he or she finds a good one and enjoys it.

Thanks Roger. I’ll pass that info along.
I’m not too aware if convertible issues.
And both my previous 05 and current 06 never had issues with the leaks you describe.
Either I’ve been lucky or those are more convertible issue as well.

Saw this today
IMG_0926.jpeg

What a difference 13 years make......

I sold my '06 GT 'vert with 25,000km on it back in 2011, and got what I thought was a reasonable $22,000 for it, as it was only 5 years old at the time.

Doesn't $20000 for an 18 year old car with 93,000 km on it seem a little optimistic ????

Then again, the used market went stupid there for a while, guess that might still apply.

I'll take MSRP for my 2016. :LOL:

Back