1st Annual Maritime Mustang Season Kick Off cruise May 5 th Oxford NS

2001BlackGTvert

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE April 30
It is coming quick! This Saturday

WEATHER PERMITTING watch for updates

OK here is an updated list as of today as well as the meeting places and potential routes.

Ok here are the meeting places and partial plans for each of the 3 provinces for the upcoming run. The potential routes are subject to change without notice. If you are planning on joining up at any of the meeting places please arrive on time and fuelled up and ready to roll at the set departure time. We will not be taking any type of roll call so if you show up late we may be gone and you will have to catch up. Also if you decide last minute to join up feel free the more the merrier. We will have Lunch and Coffee in Oxford. There is a Tim’s and subway there or you can bring your own. The plan is to leave Oxford and head back into our separate directions at around 2:00PM give or take. But anyone can leave when they feel they are ready. As always guys this is a fun trip and we would like everyone to drive safe and be responsible.

For the NB crew,

Meet at the Champlain street Tim hortons for 9:00 fuelled up and ready to roll. We will take some back roads depending on conditions and head towards Aulac to meet up with the PEI crew for a 10:30 departure towards Oxford. The plan is to be in Oxford for 11:30.

For the PEI crew,
Meet a 9:00 at the Cornwall Tim's fueled up & coffee on board for cars Ch'town & East. Meet West cars at Gateway Village parking lot @ 9:30 to form up & make the run across the Confed. Bridge. About a 45 min run to Aulac Big Stop, so a couple of minutes for a pitstop & meet up NB cars for a 10:30 departure. PEI & NB cars should roll in to Oxford for 11:00. It's only 20 days away!
For the NS crew,
Option 1 for those leaving Halifax Dartmouth - heading to Oxford

leave Enfield Tim’s at 8:30 am
Travel on TCH to Onslow exit 4A. Turn left on RT 2/4
Take old road to Masstown Market - a short stop here to pick up a sandwich or a coffee 15 minutes. max here!
Anyone from points east can meet us here. 9:15 planned arrival

9:30 Continue to Glenholme, then turn left - on to Great Village on RT 4 ,
continue to Economy- Parrsboro. There is a small Tim’s in Parrsboro if a bathroom break is required.
Leave Parrsboro and head on RT 2 to Southampton/ Springhill
Take RT 321 on to Oxford
Should arrive by 11:30
New Brunswick
1. Charlie
2. Fred
3. Maxime A.
4. Todd
5. Martin (Maybe)
6. Phil
7. Dave and Bev
8. Dana
9. Elide
10. Mike
11. Lorne

Pei
1. Aaron
2. Howard
3. Paul
4. Malcolm
5. Shane
6. Alan and Valerie

Nova Scotia
1. Trevor
2. Sharon
3. Bill
4. Gerry
5. Jason
6. Lisa
7. Paul and Gina
8. Shaendra
9 Rajveer
10.Ammash

UPDATE Feb 24 2018
Hey Everyone! So I had a discussion with Trevor and Jason earlier today. Looks like we have settled on Oxford,NS as our destination for this years season kick off run on Saturday May 5th. There is a Subway, Tim Horton's and Irving gas station there just off of the exit. As well if the weather is nice we could all join up at the park across the street and eat there. For those who want to you could bring your own sandwich as well.
Here is what the details look like.
May 5th (weather permitting)
We would meet in Oxford for 11:30 AM Lunch and car talk.
By the looks of it we have people from NB, NS and PEI attending. Over the next little bit we will discuss departure meeting times and location for each provincial group.
QUICK FACTS:
Moncton to Oxford=100KM
Charlottetown to Oxford=164KM
Halifax to Oxford=164KM
These are all direct routes so I am sure we will find some scenic roads to extend some of these. That will be for each local group to discuss.
Please let me know your thoughts or concerns if any.
Cheers

UPDATE
Saturday May 5th will be the day weather permiting.

Hello everyone! We have had some small discussions on having a possible Pei, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick season kick off cruise. We would pick 3 departure locations and we would pick a somewhat central location to cruise to for a chat, lunch and coffee and then go our seperate ways. We can iron out the details as we go if there is enough interest. Potential locations Amherst, Oxford , Truro?

Thoughts? Suggestions? Lets hear them.

New Brunswick
1. Charlie
2. Fred
3. Maxime A.
4. Todd
5. Martin (Maybe)
6. Phil
7. Dave and Bev
8. Dana
9. Elide
10. Mike
11. Lorne

Pei
1. Aaron
2. Howard
3. Paul
4. Malcolm
5. Shane
6. Alan and Valerie

Nova Scotia
1. Trevor
2. Sharon
3. Bill
4. Gerry
5. Jason
6. Lisa
7. Paul and Gina
8. Shaendra
9. Rajveer
10. Ammash

Last edited:
Halifax to Truro, 94 kilometers. Halifax to Oxford, 165 kilometers.

Moncton to Truro, 170 kilometers. Moncton to Oxford 100 kilometers.

Summerside to Truro, 205 kilometers. Summerside to Oxford 135 kilometers.

Average distance one way for Truro, 156 kilometers.

Average Distance one way for Oxford, 133 kilometers.

Yes you are correct. If we can agree on a date then we can go from there. I know you are good with that date. Anyone else thinking?

There's no room for that kind of negativity on this forum? Some had that thought 3 years ago & look where we ended up!! Can't happen twice in this short time span!

From my view, I've had a number of Maritime meetings and found Amherst or Moncton get pretty central for those coming from Halifax or Fredericton. Maybe starting a sign up will give an idea of who's interested in the first place then narrow down from there. Truro wouldn't be out of the question either.

Yes Amherst is a nice central area. A little further for the NS crew. Going to truro for us is a nice run for pei and NB but a little close for the Halifax area crew. I was trying to gauge interest before puting up a signup sheet however you make a valide point as it may help us pick a destination. I will start it.

New Brunswick
1. Charlie
2. Fred
3. Maxime A.
4. Todd
5. Martin (Maybe)
6. Phil

Pei
1. Aaron

Nova Scotia
1. Trevor
2. Sharon