05-09 S197 inside door panels inserts

Mineral Grey

I seem to be taking these off and cleaning the best I can and reinstalling every 2 years.. anyone have any expert advice for procedure and adhesive to use on these inserts? I am at the point where I'm starting today to look for a set of full panels from 11-14 and just swap out ...

IMG_20200816_170602.jpg

I've called many of auto recyclers and cannot get any door panels.. there were are few out there for 250 for both but didn't have the shaker door subs ..
Looks like I'm ripping this pleather off again and clean off all the adhesive and doing it again ..

Found these online . Reviews and you tube vids are good so i Tried to order them , checked all the pull down screens for Canada and New Brunswick then at check out it says they can't deliver to this address ? Why have Canada as an option if they don't deliver here?
I'll be calling in the morning and see what's up . I've already got lots of stuff waiting at C and E feeds in Calais Me that i can't get to..

Screenshot_20200819-194658.png

Rip it all off and drop weight. ?

I can tell the middle part of my left side is unglued but all edges still good.
Not nearly as bad as yours.
I just ignore it.
Probably only touch it slightly with my elbow when pushing door open.
Good luck.

If you search other internet forums (thinking s197forum.com right now), there are people that have successfully made the upgrade to the 10-14 interior door panels. Only slight trimming on the inside parts required to make them fit right.
My biggest challenge would be to get one with a Tan interior door and black insert as my car is right now (California Special two tones...) ...

EDIT: will save you the search.

Wish i found coverlay the first time ..
These are so much easier to work with and looks pretty good too. .
First remove the pleather, and scrape off remaining adhesive.
IMG_20200901_170001.jpg

Then apply new silicone and snap on ..
IMG_20200901_131404.jpg
Slightly different color. But I think they look better than that shiny fake leather.
IMG_20200901_131537.jpg

Oh wow!! Well, Once they will be hanging so bad I cannot stand them anymore, i know what to buy to get it right the first time!! Thanks Al! Mine just started to hang, not too too bad looking yet.
When saying silicone, I assume it's some kind of glue? Not silicone silicone as in caulking right? Just curious.

Oh wow!! Well, Once they will be hanging so bad I cannot stand them anymore, i know what to buy to get it right the first time!! Thanks Al! Mine just started to hang, not too too bad looking yet.
When saying silicone, I assume it's some kind of glue? Not silicone silicone as in caulking right? Just curious.
It is 100 clear silicone, it does hold well. comes with the purchase.. so far so good

Back