vacations

Been crazy at work already and trying to get things ready, BUT.
Were taking off today for a fast 6 days in south Florida.
Hopefully the sun and sand will give us a bit of a break for the rush
that follows. Even though we don't start til end of April early May.
I am usually flat out in April.

Just got back from Florida, good day to come home +10
It was cool there yesterday down to 23-24 lol. Fun trip, seeing how the other half lives.
the Boats and house's on the intercostal water ways in Miami and Fort Lauderdale are insane.
Some of the boats were bigger than my house lol.

They had a few condos in South beach on sale, Atlantic ocean view, beach front, a few were a shade
under a million, like back of building lol.

Now you gotta love the cars, Mercs, Lexus, BMW were like toyota's and Honda's here, everywhere.
You know its cool when 3 cars back your hear it, sure enough wait as it comes to 4 lanes and Lambo drives by.
Seen several, couple Mclaren's etc. Mustang rules down there out number Camaro's and challengers 4-1.

Got to do Florida Keys, and went for airboat ride in everglades :)
Beaches are incredible, weather the same. fun but as always to short.

yes very teasing, seen several Merc GT's wicked looking car. high end BMW's everywhere.
another funny thing but jacked up 4x4's seem popular even in the rich area's.

Well fast trip wasn't so fast lol.
Woke up at 2:30am to be at airport for 4am.
5:30am flight to Toronto. Get there jump in rental car,
head to Ingersoll 1 hour 4 minutes south of TO.
Pick this guy up :)
Diesel picked up.jpg
Got back to airport on to plan and 1hour 30 minute trip to Halifax. NOT.
Get to Halifax hovered over airport 1 hour 40 minutes couldn't land due to weather.
ended up flying to Moncton, landed and sat for 1 hour 15 minutes they refuelled and informed us
weather had improved enough to land in Halifax, so away we go, again. Land in halifax 45 minutes later.
Last one off plane and Momma waiting for new baby. Long day for first trip for little guy.
More to follow in family pet section :)

​​​​​​​

I save my vacation for the summer, to enjoy with the Mustang. I take every Friday off from June till end of August, a week for the Nationals and 3 weeks in August. Working for the Province I get 4 weeks, and am able to purchase an extra 3 weeks via payroll deduction over 26 pay periods.

No coverage at work this winter so nothing planned , might get to a little Island called PEI for a weekend.. Lol. Or maybe down to the white mountains for a ski weekend ..Hopefully next winter will get to a warmer little Island, my timeshare in St Maarten should be mostly rebuild back after hurricanes a couple years ago..

Tomatopicker;n27174 said:
It’s crazy...I have some trips booked for work next year, then I’m already thinking on them.
february I’m going to Dubai, then Vegas and after San Antonio...can’t wait to feel warm again :)

I've got work trips to Edmonton and Ottawa in Jan & Feb, not the same climate as yours!

Haven't been down south for quite a few years now. Use to go down to Florida every second year or so as my daughter use to compete at the Wide World of Sports in Disney but since she stopped we haven't been down that way at all but man do I ever like that place. And of course the value of our bucks lately surely does not encourage me to go down either. So we have 3-4 nice winter spots reserved for Snowmobile weekends during the winter and that will do me just fine I guess ?? Sled people are not very far from Mustang people as we are all passionate about what we do and that just fills in the blues during Mustang down time.........

Mineral Grey;n27194 said:
No coverage at work this winter so nothing planned , might get to a little Island called PEI for a weekend.. Lol. Or maybe down to the white mountains for a ski weekend ..Hopefully next winter will get to a warmer little Island, my timeshare in St Maarten should be mostly rebuild back after hurricanes a couple years ago..

Al, I wouldn't call PEI an "Island destination" in the winter but you won't find the beaches too crowded! St. Maarten would be a better choice at least between Nov & June!

Fun GT;n27197 said:
Haven't been down south for quite a few years now. Use to go down to Florida every second year or so as my daughter use to compete at the Wide World of Sports in Disney but since she stopped we haven't been down that way at all but man do I ever like that place. And of course the value of our bucks lately surely does not encourage me to go down either. So we have 3-4 nice winter spots reserved for Snowmobile weekends during the winter and that will do me just fine I guess ?? Sled people are not very far from Mustang people as we are all passionate about what we do and that just fills in the blues during Mustang down time.........

The New Machines are Crazy Fast, Some good for Over 100 MPH, on powder that must feel Like 200 MPH on Pavement.

Back