2019 Atlantic Nationals Weekend Events July 5-7

Charlie please take Linda and I off the list for supper tonight at Rosanna's. Was a long Hot Day on Main Street yesterday, so we are going to relax at home today. If it's clear and dry tonight, we may take a run up Mountain Road. I'm meeting a Friend at Seaside tomorrow AM at 4 en-route to the line up on St. George Street. At least I'm off till Monday.

photo3433.jpgphoto3434.jpg What an awesome day today. Great Breakfast, fantastic cruise with 17 cars to Richibuctou followed by a great meal at Rossanno's with 30 plus people. Thank you everyone for joining us today. This is what it is all about. Met some new people and some old friends.

Attachments

• photo3435.jpg
    photo3435.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo3436.jpg
    photo3436.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 0
You are right Charlie, today was awesome as always! Wouldn't be possible without all the persons involved in the setup of events such as today. It was awesome and we're looking forward to some more events! Not wishing summer away, but already thinking of the fall run :)

Was an awesome weekend, Aliona and I both enjoyed the weekend.
Friday night run and supper was epic, even with the rain and odd missed turn.

Sat, Breakfast run and then supper was great.
To bad in rained and missed out on the Sat night sitting on the mountain road ( strip)
Watching cars, due to rain. But was great.

I think with a few tweaks, we can make this an amazing Sat.

As it was the corral was a mess Sat and a swamp on Sunday.

Feedback folks, what did you think of this years format?
If you had your better half with you, please ask if they enjoyed?

Also is there anything you would like to add or maybe see next year.
All thoughts are welcome, so we can plan and improve ( if Possible)
On next years events.

I loved this weekend to death! Probably next year I’ll be registering to get her in on sunday, but looking at the state of the field today, honestly (100% honest), i did not missed that spot. Loved seeing some of you guys relocated though ;)

photo3437.jpgphoto3438.jpgphoto3439.jpgphoto3440.jpgphoto3441.jpg Yeah we Dodged a bullet this year for sure. I parked in there today but it was not the greatest but I knew where to go. As you will see by one of the pictures I shared it was pretty wet. Took 4 of us to get the poor guy out. I heard a rumour next year it might be pave. But who knows.

Attachments

• photo3442.jpg
    photo3442.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 2
S197CS;n31676 said:
I loved this weekend to death! Probably next year I’ll be registering to get her in on sunday, but looking at the state of the field today, honestly (100% honest), i did not missed that spot. Loved seeing some of you guys relocated though ;)

If You are only planning on going to the Park on Sunday, still Register for the entire Weekend ($35 before 19/12/31 and $45 after 20/01/01). Single Day Entries for Sunday Only Are Not Eligible for any of the Participant Prizes.

And 2020 will be the 20th Anniversary of the Atlantic Nationals and the Give away Car is a 47 Buick Custom, or the Winner has the Option of taking a Substantial Cash Prize. And there are are dozens of other prizes worth Thousands of Dollars.

This years Sunday attendance was down slightly, 1700 compared to over 2000 in previous years.

2001BlackGTvert;n31677 said:
Yeah we Dodged a bullet this year for sure. I parked in there today but it was not the greatest but I knew where to go. As you will by one of the pictures I shared it was pretty wet. Took 4 of us to get the poor guy out. I heard a rumour next year it might be pave. But who knows.

Maybe the Mustang Engineers got stuck in the Mud in the Corall in previous years and that is why they are considering an All Wheel Drive Mustang. :FordSmile

Seeing these pictures on this field, honestly disgust me.
City of Moncton should really try to have some kind of drainage remediation plans for this space. Jeez, with proper drainage, this field would be usable, but it's the same damned story every year, every little spit of rain makes this field unusable, let alone the downpour of Saturday night....
Sad we couldn't get a better spot like the top guys are asking for several years now ... :confused: :(

TrueBlue02058;n31685 said:
If You are only planning on going to the Park on Sunday, still Register for the entire Weekend ($35 before 19/12/31 and $45 after 20/01/01). Single Day Entries for Sunday Only Are Not Eligible for any of the Participant Prizes.

And 2020 will be the 20th Anniversary of the Atlantic Nationals and the Give away Car is a 47 Buick Custom, or the Winner has the Option of taking a Substantial Cash Prize. And there are are dozens of other prizes worth Thousands of Dollars.

This years Sunday attendance was down slightly, 1700 compared to over 2000 in previous years.

Next year they have brought the early Bird up to $40 and the regular registration up to $50.

S197CS;n31688 said:
Seeing these pictures on this field, honestly disgust me.
City of Moncton should really try to have some kind of drainage remediation plans for this space. Jeez, with proper drainage, this field would be usable, but it's the same damned story every year, every little spit of rain makes this field unusable, let alone the downpour of Saturday night....
Sad we couldn't get a better spot like the top guys are asking for several years now ... :confused: :(

Yes I agree Maxime. It is very difficult to understand after all these years that the city does not see the drainage issues they have in this field and how easy it would be to fix. This year they had the skating rink there and they made boards out of sand. They only removed those about 4 weeks ago now so guess where the water was being kept?

I mean we are talking the same group that decided it was a good idea to tear up Main Street Across from the Avenir Center beginning the week of the Nationals and create a detour on one of the busiest roads in Moncton.

2001BlackGTvert;n31689 said:
Next year they have brought the early Bird up to $40 and the regular registration up to $50.

Ya, I noticed that after last Post when I had a look at the 2020 Pre-Registration Sheet that was included in my Package. Next year will be my 10th year attending this and this is the first increase I remember since I've been attending.

well I didn't go to the park this year, I don't miss dealing with the field and to Be honest I didn't
miss the show. I did miss the cars running down Mountain road, due to rain which no one can control.

This price going up, maybe due to numbers being down 2 years in a row.
Who knows, but it was not as busy anywhere I went or anything I did
compared to past years.

Back