2019 - 2020 NHL Season.

Rangers blew it against Vegas,may Vegas was pulled up for Fleury missing due to his Father's death.

I thought they would easily beat them with Subban playing,but nope

The difference with NY is they are in the early rebuild stage I can be a bit understanding,.but the Habs as Trevor keeps typing should be contenders by now,and somehow are nowhere near.

Well Friday is good, they have a break afterwards and they will need it after they fire CJ
No one in Montreal is saying a word and that's rare for MB and GM.

So do they let them lose the next 3 and fire Sat morning or do they do it after next loss
tonight.. Funny a big night in Montreal celebrating the captains and history.
Should not be hard for players to get up for, but they are in tough, so fragile
if they get behind early its over.

Yeah tonight is a huge game. Even if they win tonight I still think heads are about to roll in Montreal. Claude Julien....gone!! MB....Gone and molson should step away and oversee operations and let 3 new bodies rebuild this team correctly. And hire a coach that can coach the new way as Trevor says and a translator if needed.

Oh and don't forget if they get rid of Claude Julien they will have to find one to replace that doesn't swear, doesn't throw things around, doesn't pat (touch) them on the back, etc. etc. So the picking pool has to be a bit shallow ??

Personally I am not holding my breath hoping for a shake up, we've been hoping for one of those for a few years now with no action taken so .......... good luck with that.

Glad to see a win. What a push towards the end by NY. Yes definitely will be interesting to see how they follow up. Brass has been pretty quiet so far during this slide.

I agree Trevor. Going to take a few to fix the problem.

Last edited:
If they want to make it to the playoffs they will have to win 60 % of the remaining games.
That is asking a lot out of this team IMHO.
But with all the negative that has been surrounding them lately Weber is on track for one of his better seasons in his career, imagine if he had a top notch partner ?? I think he's rated like number 5 in the league right now, pretty good !!

Its tight for sure look at that list.
Toronto, tampa, rangers all very close.
Losing streaks will kill you.
Montreal needs 98 points based off of last years cut off.
34 wins out of 56 games is pushing it for this team.

I suspect another year with out playoffs, unless MB
does something and quick, he has cap space,
but rarely does anything big in season, we will see.

Last edited:
One thing Montreal has against it is the Killer Income Tax Rate Quebec has, compared to US Rates, On top of the lack of anonymity that players have when compared to the Southern US markets. So a lot of players may not want to go there.

Cayden Primeau first NHL start in Montreal against the best offence in the NHL.
I wish him like and hope the team plays well for him.
Tough challenge in great but unforgiving building.

Habs need this win as tough as it will be to get.

Win didn't happen......................

Couldn't watch the game, only seen bits and pieces (working night shift) but it sounded like a half decent game by what others were saying, minus the lost.

Back