2019 - 2020 NHL Season.

Leafs fire Babcock. Seems that he totally lost the room and the guys didn’t seem to believe in the system. So now Keefe comes in. He’s won everywhere he’s been so should be interesting to see what happens now.

Was A tight game for sure and Domi managed to stay out of the Penalty Box. Habs got a double minor penalty in opening minutes of first and they had an excellent penalty kill ?

Last edited:
Played well, but losing games they should win. Not skating enough, to many bad give aways.
Lots of shots, but few quality high scoring chances.
This is one of these stretches they should be taken advantage of.

Coach, wake up.

Leafs played well last night winning 3-1 after losing 6 straight. (y)
Keefe is originally an "Island boy" and is off to being a success, if you reference the Leaf's standard! Gallant in Vegas. Something in the water & red soil to make a team shine, maybe? Can only hope the Leafs have some success and strengthen the divisional competition and bolster the rivalry to everyone's benefit.

Keefe is originally an "Island boy" and is off to being a success, if you reference the Leaf's standard! Gallant in Vegas. Something in the water & red soil to make a team shine, maybe? Can only hope the Leafs have some success and strengthen the divisional competition and bolster the rivalry to everyone's benefit.
Also produced Ron Maclean, I don't see you promoting PEI as the weasel producer of Canada LOL.
I suspect Keefe will be fine, he's new generation, geared towards youth and different mind set.
Babcock, couldn't / wouldn't change.

Even torts changed, knowing the old way he was going to run out of teams.
CJ in Montreal changed, occasionally you see him revert and it bites him
every time. New time in hockey and coaches have to adjust.

\Babcock will coach again, if he doesn't change it will be short lived.

A lot on the line for Leafs and Habs.

Leafs after dumping Babcock need to prove it wasn't one game, it was the coach.

Habs need to get out of this funk, playing lower or mid level teams, they need to take advantage.
I have one question if other Habs fans.
Explain to me why Claude Julian Loves Jorden Weal?
plays 3rd line minutes, 4 points and -4 and gets 1st line power play minutes.
Worst plus/ minus on team.

Power play is average, why would you not give guys who are producing a chance
or someone your trying to get going? Does he owe the family ? lost a bet? what help me understand?
PS now that I have said this about him, he will score LOL.

Sorry to all you Habs fans,haven't had much to cheer about so have to whenever I can,

Stuck to my team the whole game even though I said to my wife after the first they will never get 5 past Price.

Attachments

• 2000px-New_York_Rangers.svg.png
    2000px-New_York_Rangers.svg.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 0
Taught My friend Mike Richter everything,My son is now 25,wow time flies

Attachments

• IMG_20190910_2259075.jpg
    IMG_20190910_2259075.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20190318_2118588.jpg
    IMG_20190318_2118588.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Montreal played a total of 22 minutes, as one would think not enough to win.
Good on Rangers, not to give up and get the win, maybe Montreal players should take notice.

They are blaming defence, not sure that's the total problem, but for sure could be improved.
They fired Luke Richardson and have not done better with out him and PK is ranked 31st
might want to look at that.

Price had a great first and a pedestrian rest of game and Montreal loses.
Team goes as he goes, maybe the team could win one, once in a while.

MB is to blame for a lot of this, the roster is what he gave the coaches.
best players are in there 30's hmmmm.

CJ preps team well for game, but never seems to make in game adjustments well.
Hudon ( -3 in game) on PP with 5 minutes left to go?????
Jorden Weal ( -4 on season /with 4 point on season) The extra guy when you pull goalie????
OH I figured out the Weal / Hudon playing time, ( Both from Quebec)

Does Gallager still play for Montreal? haven't seen him in awhile.

Montreal is an average team and will go as price goes,
been that way since MB took over team. I love my Habs, but we are not winning anything
anytime soon and will be a stretch to make the playoffs again.

Geoff Molson, should fire himself and hire a proper hockey president and start building a decent
Management team, to build a decent team.

PS, did you know? Larry Robinson won his 10th stanley cup ring last year with St Louis as a consultant.
He was directly involved with development and occasional Defensive coaches.
MB could have had him in his first year and didn't do what was required to get him, which would have been to wait a week
or fly to Florida.

I take back what I said a week or two ago. The Habs are Way worse that the Leafs. Habs have lost those last 4 games, 2 going into OT. Leafs on the other hand made a big change and have won their last 2. The Leafs and the Lightning will be sweeping ? the Habs to the bottom of the Standings before Christmas unless some drastic changes are made. And Lorne, never say never, last night wasn’t the first time the Habs have blown a 3 or 4 goal lead. ?

I take back what I said a week or two ago. The Habs are Way worse that the Leafs. Habs have lost those last 4 games, 2 going into OT. Leafs on the other hand made a big change and have won their last 2. The Leafs and the Lightning will be sweeping ? the Habs to the bottom of the Standings before Christmas unless some drastic changes are made. And Lorne, never say never, last night wasn’t the first time the Habs have blown a 3 or 4 goal lead. ?
I agree, I like the young players and think they will be great, but reality is this.
Price, Weber, petri and a few others are soon going to be past their prime.
You can't spend that kind of money on beyond prime players and expect to take a run
at the cup.. we don't have 3,4,5 years for this,
so yes some changes need to be made,, now we all have ideas as to what...........

Hockey is so technical now,I was talking to Jim Malone,you may know the family from here and his son Brad (not sure where he plays now) is married to Kirk Muller's daughter. Jim tells me they have a monitor on the players during practice and they know their max output. So somehow they can also track their work ethic during games.

Anyone who knows more may be able to clarify this but when I heard about it I knew it was becoming a young man's game.

I love Price,he is just amazing,so calm and puck handling there has never been anyone close in my opinion,but he seems frustrated with the give aways in front of him.

Back