2019 - 2020 NHL Season.

8-1 loss, sad, nothing else to say.
Watching last 6 games, it seems CJ has reverted
to relying on the older players and we have seen in the past
where that got him.
seems like the management likes average.

Which means thats what we get..

If Toronto wins tonight they will replace Canadiens in 3rd place in Atlantic and Habs are into Wild Card spots.
not sure if they would even have a wild car spot as there are 3 teams currently behind them
with more points. Interesting point, Only one team has more available cap space than the habs.
Columbus. was the same last year. 10 million last year
currently close to 7 million, thats one hell a player.
So MB is putting an extra 5-10 million in Geoff Molson pocket each year.
But our team hovers around sucks to average.

And to be honest other than a bunch of cliches do we see
any light at end of tunnel?

Trevor, I like You're earlier suggestion about Geoff Molson Firing himself for starters. And another problem is that the GM and the Head Coach in Montreal have to be Bilingual, they are limiting the Talent Pool. I am Not Anti French, my Wife is Acadian and Kids are half Acadian. But it is a Shame to see the Once All Mighty Montreal Canadiens performing so Poorly.

Other teams get up for games in Montreal,I see it all the time In New York Games,big stage,grew up dreaming of the day when they will play in that building,Toronto as well.

Not making an excuse here,just notice how sometimes a team that has no business winning puts in an amazing performance,Corey Crawford is from Montreal,Luongo loved playing in his home as well.
no team is a push over anymore,and I think all coached have a shelf life,they can only motivate players so much for so long,

Last night they just got beat by a good team,Boston is good,Game seven and they win the cup don't forget,the loss to the Rangers was different, gotta play 60 mins or more sometimes to get 2 pts

Other teams get up for games in Montreal,I see it all the time In New York Games,big stage,grew up dreaming of the day when they will play in that building,Toronto as well.

Not making an excuse here,just notice how sometimes a team that has no business winning puts in an amazing performance,Corey Crawford is from Montreal,Luongo loved playing in his home as well.
no team is a push over anymore,and I think all coached have a shelf life,they can only motivate players so much for so long,

Last night they just got beat by a good team,Boston is good,Game seven and they win the cup don't forget,the loss to the Rangers was different, gotta play 60 mins or more sometimes to get 2 pts
Boston is a very good team and to win would have been tough, to play like you belong in the NHL is at the very least
expected. They have not played good for a bit, I have watched all but two games this year. they have had only 2 complete games where they played for 60 minutes. In todays NHL you are quite correct no easy nights, all teams are good and some are exceptional.

I realize most teams get up for certain games, Montreal being one of them, because its a great hockey city.
I also realize that Montreal ( because of the language) suffers hiring staff, players etc.
Salary cap is not totally fair either,
IE: 10 million dollar contract, Florida player keeps 8.5 million, Montreal ( worst tax bracket in league) 6.5 million
How does that make it equal. Many players don't want to be in a fish bowl that Montreal is.
right now these guys can't go for a walk in public. In Florida, they don't know who you are outside LOL.

All of that said, a Good President, GM and coach will figure it out. I am a life long Habs fan and I can honestly say
Montreal is at best an average team, not rebuilding, waiting for youth to develop while core gets too old????
How does that work. Not well run, hire better coaches, put a better program together. Player who want to compete
every night, for 60 minutes. At least easier to live with when they lose if they tried.

Look at Ottawa, they play hard during their rebuild, might not win a lot, but you have to respect it.
Coaches in Montreal throwing rookie D under bus, when they top guys make more mistakes, now you want these
young guys to work hard for you. 6 years into 5 year plan, tell me how it's going??

Leafs win and just like that Habs out of play spot
and do not have a wildcard spot.

You can't have 5 game melt downs, especially against
teams you were higher than in standings, you need to win
some of those games.

Montreal's core problems show up far too often.

Leafs win 6-0. Felt bad for the Wings. Short handed to start the game and the number 1 goalie goes down. Bernier the number 2 isn’t even dressed because he’s in the locker room sick. Forces him to take action and they scramble to find his backup wondering if Bernier will even be able to stay in the entire game. Give him credit for sticking around and finishing the game. Two points for the Leafs in the end and 50 plus shots.

So now they are blaming another rookie. Kotkaniemi
Lacking confidence, not playing as good as he could,
we understand, he's only 19, I call BS.
You stuck him on 3rd line checking roll,
while giving weal 28 year who's played like crap top PP minutes????

Defence Weber and Petri on for most of those goals against.
Weber is the one that left Patrinak all alone at side of net,
( he never scores from there) :unsure:

Practice lines yesterday were exact same as game before.
Ya that change will help. Someone needs to tell CJ
definition of insanity is doing same thing over and over
expecting a different result.

They weren't happy with D last year, so fired Luke Richardson as D coach.
went form 12th to 31st hmmmm maybe new choice not right answer.
Stop blaming rookies who are learning and your future.

Coaches need to look in mirror and put most on them selves and
some on veteran players who are leading these kids arrrrrggggg

Once that desperation look gets in player's eyes and the Brass is oblivious, times can get interesting and outcomes disappointing. Last year, the Blues were in a predicament at the season midpoint. Management made some sound decisions, the players took responsibility and the bench bosses provided the leadership. Productive change takes vision, a few sets of big brass ones, and the right leadership. Montreal has one of the most passionate fan bases in the league. If any of the above were to be undertaken and the production on the ice reflected that change, even I'd go to the Bell centre to watch the Bruins give them another chance!

My Last 2 times at Bell centre, was against the Bruins
Habs won both, but close games.
Last time Montreal won 3-2 but in fairness, Boston outplayed them
and Montreal got lucky.

But always a great game and atmosphere against Bruins.

Back