2017 Atlantic Nationals: July 5-9

92LX302

Staff member
Might as well get the ball rolling early.

What was everyone thoughts about this year? The weather and field condition hurt the corral. Still, we had a good amount of vehicle showing up on Saturday I think.

I was in the Corral both Saturday and Sunday afternoon , in the far left corner. Grass a little wet in places but I was parked on dry land. If there is grass in the middle and it is drier next year we should be good.

Hey max I think my car is still wet from yesterday Lol.

I agree with Fred on the field. We have made some great headway With the organizers and I strongly feel next year we will have an even better outcome. There are many things that need to be discussed and that will need to happen face to face with the people that can make it work better for us. We have a good group on here and we can make this what we want in my opinion. I feel the field needs to be our focus, we just need to work together with the Nat's committee and the city.

2001BlackGTvert;n5916 said:
Hey max I think my car is still wet from yesterday Lol.

I agree with Fred on the field. We have made some great headway With the organizers and I strongly feel next year we will have an even better outcome. There are many things that need to be discussed and that will need to happen face to face with the people that can make it work better for us. We have a good group on here and we can make this what we want in my opinion. I feel the field needs to be our focus, we just need to work together with the Nat's committee and the city.

I agree, we also need to support Charlie at the right times, example being when a meeting is set up, we need a few to show up.
We need a big commitment from our groups to show up, numbers will always have some power.
We need to find and build connections with the city, to make sure the field is in top shape, sounds difficult, but not as hard as you think.
Most take pride in their departments also. Once the dust ( or mud ) settles, we should approach it now, not next spring.

Yes I agree the dust needs to settle. It is not a bad idea to have the nationals help us in the discussion with the city as they are the driving force behind the whole thing. I will be having some conversations with Bill and Bob moving forward so we have a constant open dialogue with them. Next year I would like us to be recognized volunteers as well and that discussion has already been had so the seed is planted. After all we help them move cars as well so this is a parternership for both parties.

Date updated in title. Somehow the registration forms included in the goodoe bag had 2016 dates.

I for one missed the Corral this year. I am not a big fan of having to drive around on site in the middle of the crowd searching for a parking spot but that's just me I guess. On top of that I have always enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new ones who park in the Corral, it always makes for good conversations on our favorite subject...Mustangs and I did miss that part of it this year. On the other hand I ended up parking not far from the Corvette guys and talked to a bunch of really nice people up there as well so it turned out pretty good after all. Now for us the true highlights of the weekend were all those nice suppers, cruises and get together that we had and that my friends was just awesome !!! It was really nice seeing you all again after such a long winter !!!

Yes I agree I missed the Corral as well. Hopefully better things to come next year. Yes the suppers and cruise are always a blast for sure.

Might as well bring this thread to the top again. Just got my registration confirmation e mail this morning for this years show. I have kept the areas of communication open with Bill since last years show. I never missed the opportunity to chat with him for at least a couple minutes if I saw him at a show or out and about. He really likes working with us and has nothing but positive to say which is awesome.

I think this year has the potential to be bigger and better if we want it to be. Location is going to be key as well. Hopefully that all pans out. So who is planning on attending this year so far??

​I see Fred has his number......

Jackie and I are heading for Ottawa for Canada's 150th with the NSMC group - I know we are crazy- there is the proof. Likely visiting further west then if all goes well I will be in Moncton for Saturday Night supper maybe, evening watch the cruise and Sunday at the ATLANTIC NATIONALS!! Registration #300 received. This will be Jackie's first trip to the Nationals -hope all goes well.

OK will try to keep a running list going. Just so we have an idea. If anyone get missed let me know.

1 . Charlie
2. Fred
3.Jason
4.Gerry
5.Trevor
6.Roger
7. Marcel

Last edited:
Back