2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

I have done a ride along here, its interesting for sure.
Not really suited to my car, it takes 3-4 laps to get tires warmed up.
with 8250 redline, not sure I would get out of first gear :)

It would be fun to try, and see how the car works.
My new setup gives me 7500 rpm to work with.
1st or second all the way around.
Don't know which though... That's the mystery.

There we are, the new convertible top is installed and it looks so much better than my old one!! Top frame and hydraulic system were deemed all in good alignment and working order so i will let well enough alone and will live with the side to side difference while operating the top.
here are some pictures of the final product (yeah i know, i will cleanit up tomorrow night ;). )

GT/CS top change by Maxime Arseneault, on Flickr

Looks real Good Max. Keep an eye on it. Seems like you found someone who knows what they are doing. How long did he spend on it. Full 2 days?

Yes it was well installed. they've also confirmed that if I find something going on with the installation within the next few days/few weeks, I just have to pass there back with the car and they would make the necessary adjustments. Bonus.

2001BlackGTvert;n24097 said:
Looks real Good Max. Keep an eye on it. Seems like you found someone who knows what they are doing. How long did he spend on it. Full 2 days?

No! The installation only took from, Maybe 7h30 yesterday morning and I've got the call to pick her up around 3h15!! Amazed how quick it went!

Last edited:
Late update on this one. This below picture is from the autocross event that was held on June 27th here at the Moncton Coliseum and was my first even with the new suspension components. The picture says it all. way more composed while cornering than she did before. Just got a call today from Bocar that my sway bars are arrived. I will now have to make the time to install THAT AND the antisquat kit.... sometime between here and October lol.

June 27th autocross by Maxime Arseneault, on Flickr

torch;n24173 said:
Yes, that looks a LOT more composed than other pics i've seen!

Plus 1 on this remark.
Big difference.
You should post both pics in the same post.
It'll be obvious even to the untrained eye.
You have one from before suspension work.
You're turning opposite direction but huge body roll compared to this.

Last edited:
67 AGAIN;n24189 said:
Plus 1 on this remark.
Big difference.
You should post both pics in the same post.
It'll be obvious even to the untrained eye.
You have one from before suspension work.
You're turning opposite direction but huge body roll compared to this.

As suggested by Marc here above, here's the comparison from the 1st autocross of the season (top) to my latest (bottom) showing how much the suspension pieces mentioned a couple posts above helped my car behave. Way flatter through turns, way more confidence inspiring handling characteristics now. My sway bars arrived today, so i'll have to find time to install both of these plus the RCA relocation brackets soon! :)

2018 2nd autoX by Maxime Arseneault, on Flickr

June 27th autocross by Maxime Arseneault, on Flickr

Went to the 10th AUTOX club event here in Moncton past Sunday, and i must say that i now think i feel a lot more confident about how the car behaves. i still need to install the front and rear sway bars + my antisquat kit, i can only imagine the handling difference that will make. Below are some pictures of my runs, along with the standings board + the only other muscle car competitor out there. Well, not competition, I WASN'T COMPETITION. That driver and his car are FAST and the car is well setup. Picture doesn't do justice, he's rocking 11'' wide wheels & 315's at ALL FOUR CORNERS! Hello grip! (by the way the picture of the board doesn't show the owner of the Fbird but the COdriver, and he still beat me. in comparison the owner managed a time of 76.xxx seconds).

Back