2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

You or marc would know. Dot4 is a once a year flush right? What qty of fluids are we talking about?

For ultimate performance, recommendations are once a year to avoid moisture contamination.
Moisture drops the boiling point and gives mushy pedal.
But in practical terms, if you can avoid moisture and have climate controlled storage in winter, it can go longer.
The key is to keep it clear. As long as it stays clear, it is not contaminated and has not been boiled.
I managed to keep it clear for a couple years the last time I had Motul.
Then I flushed and failed to specify Motul.
Shop used off the shelf regular stuff. I find this stuff turned dark sooner than Motul did.
That's why I'm going back to Motul.
Dot 4 and 3 can be introduced back to back as opposed to DOT 5, which should not be mixed with either of the two others.
So, DOT 4 has similar overall properties as DOT 3. Main difference is boil point. Change interval is not strict.
IMO Colour is best gage of whether flush is required.
DOT 5 on other hand, is very sensitive to moisture. This one needs to be changed often.
Like Trevor said before up here somewhere.
There are items that are consumables. I list brake fluid in this category.
It is wise to flush it periodically if you are going to push your brakes hard.

Well the old girl didn’t pass inspection due to the balljoints being bad and a rear lca with separating bushings. On top of that was a loose / starting to get loose sway bar end link in the back. Time for upgrades i guess :) ford racing front lca are already arrived and whiteline rear lca, antisquat brackets and front/rear sway bar kit are on the way! Along with the prokit i got a couple of weeks back, that should revive the suspension department for the long haul! Since all must be done within two week after reject sticker is on, i won’t be able to make the trip to gerry’s and will walk on my ego and have a shop arounf here install it, where i trust one of the mechanic. Will cost more but prokit and front/rears lca will be installed (antisquat and sway bars are still a couple weeks Away ).
Might also time these installs with jkt rear axle expansion tank. Good thing year end review was done last week!! Will report once all is installed and the pony is back on the road!!

that sucks, but at least it will be done right when your finished.
hope your back up and motoring soon,.

Well that blows Maxime. I guess you will be doing the suspension sooner than you thought. The bright side is it is easier to convince the girlfriend or wife to let you increase the budget on mods when the guy at the garage said you had no choice .....oh now I see what just happened here.

S197CS;n23368 said:
Well the old girl didn’t pass inspection due to the balljoints being bad and a rear lca with separating bushings. On top of that was a loose / starting to get loose sway bar end link in the back. Time for upgrades i guess :) ford racing front lca are already arrived and whiteline rear lca, antisquat brackets and front/rear sway bar kit are on the way! Along with the prokit i got a couple of weeks back, that should revive the suspension department for the long haul! Since all must be done within two week after reject sticker is on, i won’t be able to make the trip to gerry’s and will walk on my ego and have a shop arounf here install it, where i trust one of the mechanic. Will cost more but prokit and front/rears lca will be installed (antisquat and sway bars are still a couple weeks Away ).
Might also time these installs with jkt rear axle expansion tank. Good thing year end review was done last week!! Will report once all is installed and the pony is back on the road!!

The Plus about not passing the Inspection is that in the end you can tell the Wife you are performing necessary repairs , not mods. Tell the Wife the reason You went with the High Performance Parts is that they are Heavy Duty and will last Longer.

:FordSmile

I used to save my money and do my online searches and buy on Black Friday.
Always did exceptionally well on prices, gave me all winter to install the mods
and be ready fro spring. Summer only do what you have to, enjoy the short time
we have to drive the cars.

Been lucky and got money in i didn’t count on, it’s the only reason why i am able to do front lca/Bjoints, rear lca + antisquat kit, andddd i went overboard and bought the front rear sways too lol ?. Next suspension time around willbe shock + camber plates.... i think

Well, got it from the shop last night, with the following installed:

- Ford Performance M-3075-E GT500 front lower control arms with ball joints
- Whiteline Suspension KTA158 fixed lower control arms
- Eibach Prokit
- Whiteline Suspension KPR068 adjustable panhard bar (peek the classified soon, don't ask me why, they shipped me two lol)
- JLT Performance rear differential oil expansion tank

At this point, I can already say the car is totally TRANSFORMED! Gone is the unsure 'loose' or 'mushy' or 'uncertain' feeling the car used to have driving around. It can take turns with more confidence, feel a lot more connected to the road, steering inputs are a LOT more direct, body roll have been cut at least in half and even just launching/shifting the car now feels more precise with everything being tighter now. Gone is the kind of 'loose' feeling I used to get when leaving in first gear.
I have to admit, the car is really bouncy on rough roads, but that is due to my own self not having the budget to properly have installed new shocks/struts along with the above and the other two items still on order. It will be fixed either next season coming or the next (depending on the job's bonuses)

Still to install is the Whiteline suspension KBR037 anti-squat brackets (arrive this week) and the BFK005 - front AND rear adjustable sway bar kit (still 2-3 weeks before I get them). Hoping that the bars will actually help, even if just a little, with the perceived bounciness on the rough roads.
Pictures says it all!FYI night time gaz station picture is before, top down is yesterday after the installation. Happened to be +/- the same exact spot.

Stay tuned for longer term driving and autocrossing updates!

photo2442.jpg

photo2443.jpg

photo2444.jpg

photo2446.jpg

Attachments

• photo2445.jpg
    photo2445.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 1
  • attach23534.jpg
    attach23534.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I am glad you like the changes. I like the new stance for sure. You stock shocks with your drop kit are definitely causing some of your roughness. Your new shocks will help that for sure. Do not expect it to completely go away though. The price we have to pay for better handling. Lol

Oh I do not expect it to disappear once the shocks will be swapped next year or the following, but what I mean is, REAL bouncy. I'll give you a ride and you'll see what I mean. stiff I knew it'll be, but the amount of bounciness will be greatly diminished I am sure. Almost have to feel it to get the picture on that one haha

Back