2001 Mustang BULLITT # 2058 5582 Produced and one of 722 Produced in True Blue

Found a Donor Engine. From a 2003 Grand Marquis with only 70,000 kilometers for $900.00. A little more than a third of the kilometers that are on the one I have. They will use the Intake and Exhaust manifolds as well as Oil Pan and Accessory drive Pulleys from the BULLITT to make everything work.

Not good to have to do that right in the middle of summer. Sounds like you have everything under control. Too bad since I know you check your oil way more than most. I suppose the failure was not related to low oil. Hope youre back on the road real soon. Any estimates on when the job will be complete?

My Shop gets the Motor Monday and as they are a busy shop they have me booked for start of day Thursday next week but are hoping to get started Wednesday after lunch if all goes well with their other Appointments. If all goes good will have back the Long Weekend.

Plan on traveling to Detroit next August with the 73 Mach1 and the Yellow 2015 5.0 for the Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise. Should be worry free with such a low mileage motor.

I am already looking at around $2500 before all is said and done. Add that to the $2500 I already spend on Clutch , Flywheel , tires and regular maintenance this year , so I'm not going to push my luck with my Lovely Bride. We celebrate 31 years of marriage on the 31st. I want to make it to 32.

TrueBlue02058;n7548 said:
I am already looking at around $2500 before all is said and done. Add that to the $2500 I already spend on Clutch , Flywheel , tires and regular maintenance this year , so I'm not going to push my luck with my Lovely Bride. We celebrate 31 years of marriage on the 31st. I want to make it to 32.

Just explain how important this, your lovely wife will understand :)

Pretty hard to justify headers when we are putting off much needed new flooring in our Bedroom as well as a new sink and counter top in Kitchen (also long overdue) , to have the replacement engine installed in the BULLITT.

We haven't been married for 31 years by being unreasonable or demanding (either one of us). I will be happy to get my BULLITT back with a much fresher Engine and Stock Exhaust.

How Many of You Guys have been married to the same Woman for 31 Years ?

:FordSmile

833393.png

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_4ffmko5hn8kk0kkw8ooogcsoo_640.jpg

I haven't been married for 31, we just celebrated our 3rd.
I made many mistakes with women the last 30 years, but
considering the wife I have today, I am glad it worked out the way it did. :)

92LX302;n7574 said:
I'm glad it's getting fixed quick.

There's nothing worst than loosing your car for half of the season. Trust me, I've been there before. Especially since September is one of the best month to cruise (says the guy who owns 2 Mustangs with no AC).

With 2 Awesome Fox Body 5.0s in your fleet , you will always have one to drive even if one is in the shop. :FordSmile

My plan for when I win 6/49 or Lotto Max is to get a new one to park next to old one.

And this is what I would get.

vehicle.png

2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback, 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine, 6-speed SelectShift® Auto Transmission
  • [h=5]Edit[/h] [h=3]Paint[SUP]38[/SUP][/h]
    • $0 Lightning Blue
  • [h=5]Edit[/h] [h=3]Powertrain[SUP]38[/SUP][/h]
    • 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine
    • 6-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission
  • [h=5]Edit[/h] [h=3]Equipment Groups[SUP]38[/SUP][/h]
    • $2,000 401A
  • [h=5]Edit[/h] [h=3]Exterior[SUP]38[/SUP][/h]
    • $1,250 Black Accent Package
    • $700 Enhanced Security Package
    • $200 Spare Wheel and Tire
    • $0 Wheel Locking Kit
    • $0 BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
    • $350 Reverse Sensing System
    • $0 3.15 Limited Slip Rear Axle
    • $0 19" Painted Black Aluminum Wheels
  • [h=5]Edit[/h] [h=3]Interior[SUP]38[/SUP][/h]
    • $0 Ebony
    • $500 Premier Trim with Colour Accent Group
    • $800 Voice-Activated Navigation System
    • $0 SiriusXM Radio
    • $0 Shaker™ Pro Audio System (12 Speakers)
    • $0 SYNC® 3
    • $0 AM/FM Stereo/Single-CD Player 12 Speaker Sound System with Amplifier
    • $0 Premier Trim with Color Accent Seats

If I won the lotto, first would be bigger garage to hold all my toy's :)
Then depending on winnings, the list of cars is long, but original GT350R would look
good beside my current one :)
like this
yVKOxjS.jpg

Last edited:
Back