2001 Mustang BULLITT # 2058 5582 Produced and one of 722 Produced in True Blue

Got Bad News on the BULLITT. I've got a Burnt Piston. Good news is that instead of spending thousands of dollars rebuilding the original engine , looks like I can get a low mileage 4.6 from a Grand Marquis for 7 or 8 hundred. They will confirm this afternoon if the Insurance company has released the engine. The BULLITT's Intake Manifold etc.. will bolt on to the donor engine and I'll be good to go.

Wow that is some bad news but a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel for the True Blue. How is the mileage on the donor engine? Good price for it but I really think you need a Coyote :)

Yeah that is really bad news. For the most part you do not hear of engine failures on lightly modded 4.6. I wonder why?

I agree great deal on the other motor but coyote would be better...

TrueBlue02058;n7470 said:
Coyote would be better, but cost of Coyote , and getting it into BULLITT would be more than I paid for the Car 5 years ago.

For sure. You are doing it the right way all things considered. Hopefully it will be a nice easy swap and make her as good as new.

Looks like the Insurance Company hasn't released the engine yet and no word on when they will. The Supplier is doing a search for another potential donor. Should know more by tomorrow.

The 2 valve 4.6 from that period was the same Engine across the board. The HP Difference in the Mustang GT and GT BULLITT is all in the Intake and Exhaust . The 4.6 I get will be breathing just fine once it's under the hood of BULLITT 02056.

:FordSmile

Well that sucks Fred, now I see why problem with fall run. Hopefully you will get a good engine and be on the road in no time.
I didn't think your car had that many miles on it, for piston issues. Pony up for a coyote, talk about a sleeper :)

Well that sucks. Hopefully you find a good used one. I agree the coyote swap would be way to much money. But it would be an awesome sleeper.

Hey maybe more, but way to much is strong statement.
Were talking Mustangs, money spent on Mods is never way to much :)

TrueBlue02058;n7465 said:
Got Bad News on the BULLITT. I've got a Burnt Piston. Good news is that instead of spending thousands of dollars rebuilding the original engine , looks like I can get a low mileage 4.6 from a Grand Marquis for 7 or 8 hundred. They will confirm this afternoon if the Insurance company has released the engine. The BULLITT's Intake Manifold etc.. will bolt on to the donor engine and I'll be good to go.

You did too many mod this summer... ;)

That sucks for sure hope you'll find a strong donor. I had my second mustang painted and 2 weeks after the engine blew thanks to the body shop who lifted the car and let it sit on the crank pulley...Found one for $700 and the guy that bought the car after me couldn't see the end of it.

Last edited:
Back