Winter driven

It snowed here Sunday night followed by heavy rain for most of the following day then of course it turned to freezing cold during the night.
Salt trucks and plows were out in full force.
So dropped Mustang Sally at pharmacy for few things and waited in the truck and ouch here comes a brand new Bullitt, driving in the wet salted roads. Boy I could just hear Fred right then and there !! It was actually the second Mustang I had seen on that day with the first being a black GT...........

I find this a handy site in NS which is the live plow tracker to see what is on the go all winter. So far Western NS is good but nearing the end. Few flurries tonight but so far nothing gathering here. During a storm I can see in real-time if the plow is on the way or not and decide if I should plow my driveway and the neighbors or wait. I have an 89 F150 4.9L with a full hydraulic Fisher plow. Winter fun when the car is away. They just swap places in the garage in the spring and fall.

NS Plow Tracker

Almost impossible to know for sure if you are buying the vehicle used. Ask and look is really all you can do. And even new is sometimes a question mark as discussed earlier in the thread. Just hope you are getting the truth when the questions are asked I suppose ?‍♂️

Off topic slightly, but thanks to Marc's insight , I was able to check the window sticker and found my build date was April 11 / 16, delivery on May 5 / 16, with 17.2 km on the clock, including the dealership going down the block to fill the gas tank prior to delivery. Pretty reasonable numbers IMO.

Back on track, even if the new car was exposed to salt for any number of reasons, it was built for use 365 days a year, so a couple of exposures are not the end of the world.....dragging cars around in the snow when they're not running is a whole different level of concern. lol

Even if the car had been driven a year or two in the winter, not the end of the world, it really boils down to your level of comfort and what you personally find acceptable when your throwing down the cash for a new toy that will not be driven like a normal, daily driver.

I agree, I guess for me knowing as much as possible as everything.
I suspect car salesmen ( most) won't tell you anything that could
hurt the sale. DO as much home work as you can and then
you can live with what you know.

Some folks drive Mustangs year round, those are likely easier
to figure out, but with out asking or looking, who knows.

Agree.

I also want to qualify the towing out of snow banks.
The dragging wheels were dragging on a bed of snow.
Minimal coefficient of friction.
They were not being dragged across asphalt.
And short distance.
A car and a half length maybe, to clear deep snow.
Then they got jumped to get them started.

Back