Winter cruise

Ohtobbad

Administrator
Staff member
After the Taylor show in Moncton, we went on cruise and supper run.
At one of the stops and Idea was proposed to do a winter cruise.
IE: end of march to kick off the Mustang season.

Difference is this would be a cruise for members on a boat ( no cars)
Bahamas comes to mind. Might be great fun, who is interested in doing something like this.
We could plan for March 2018 gives us plenty of time to plan and get group rates if folks are interested.

Speak up all ( mrs Smith ) LOL
Who is interested in this?

Jason, no tour buses to arrange, just sit back enjoy.
Tell more stories ( lies) and enjoy a week in the sun :)

We would be interested in talking about this more as well.
So many places and deals could be had if we are flexible on destination as well

Jason what is up with that? Oh never mind you have seen areas of a cruise ship that none of us ever get to see so there may be some other reason why and we may not want to know.

Jody and Phil on a cruise ship together? Yeah I am not sure either. Haha

Ya hes afraid it will sink and he can't swim.

Yet he flys and he can't fly if plane crashes hmmmm LOL.

After almost 27 years in the Navy I've been there, done that, got the sunburns, sea sickness, medals, certificates and pension. So I'm not going. Besides, myself and Melody are saving up for our 25th anniversary 2 week trip to Italy (Rome, Venice and one other city TBD).

I have only been on a 5 day 4 night and we absolutely loved it. But we are not resort people so we enjoyed seeing different things each day and the Excursions. Knock in wood we never got sick once. But I guess It is not for everyone.

well we have about 12 months to figure it out, then another 4-5 to plan it.
So with ideas from any who are interested, along with people's experience.
We should find a good fit. Also gives folks time to save for it.

Yep good idea. I was just reading everything as if it was this coming March then saw your last post saying 12 months to figure it out lol.

I have never done a cruise, so ask a few friends that have done many.
The advice they gave was do a 5-7 day cruise and also look for the biggest and newest ships.

I googled a couple of trips to see what it came in at, about $3000
Of course this would not count the flight to Miami or such place, likely at least one night in hotel and spending money. So depending on ones taste that couple hit about $5K for 2 people.
Does this sound about right? or ????

You are not far off Trevor. Deals can be had at certain times as well so it is best to figure out an approximate time and idea of destination then we could involve a travel agent to help find us some deals. We used cruise ship centres and our 5 day cruise cost us 450 per person.

Only thing I was told is get on biggest ship and newest you can manage.
They tend to have better food and services.
If we can get group deal bonus, each can adjust package as suits I presume.

Back