Who's running 20's on their S 197?

On my 2008 GT/CS I ran 20's with very low profile tires.
Car was also lowered, it was tight. If I had kept the car
It was in my plans to go to 19's just for a better clearance
and look. that said it looked good and didn't rub.
IMG_0645.JPGIMG_2460_2.JPG

Sometimes feels like too many choices.... Had originally been thinking of doing the full suspension swap then settle on wheels and rubber after that. Not really ready to both projects this season. These wheels caught my eye and didn't want to miss out by finding them discontinued when I was ready to pull the trigger.

Maybe 19's are the way to go.... leaning toward a mid range drop less than 1.5" when the time comes.

Really appreciate the feedback. Still interested in hearing what some others have done.

Been running 255/35/20 square set up for many years and love the look of that size of wheel. Next set looking at going staggered as trying to get the concave thing going on. If you go 20's you are gaining in the looks department (in my opinion) but paying the price ride wise as it will be a lot stiffer. If you go 19's I believe you'll have a happy medium as they look good and drive better but choice and price of tires can be an issue. Either way it's going to change the look of your ride a lot which is always a bonus !! Happy shopping, lots to look at out there. Biggest selection of wheels I found for our cars was at Carid and the pictures are nice and clear on their site as well so you should be able to get a better idea on what you are searching for.

I did the full suspension swap and drop was 1 1/4 inches on red vert,
if going with 1.5 drop I would stick with 19's if you eventually do 1" drop
you could pull of the 20's but will like roger said have lower profile tires and bit rougher ride.

Unfortunately you have to decide what all it is your going to do, to make it work.
Upside is you don't have to do it all at once. But knowing your end plan, helps in
making choices, regardless of the order you do it.

Back