Website issues september 25 2019

2001BlackGTvert

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone,

as some of you have already noticed the website was down for a few hours this afternoon due to server issues. This being said Phil had to restore to the most recent backup from last evening. So anything posted today and since the last night is no longer there. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you. Feel free to update your threads again if you remember what you posted. Please let us know if you see anything wonky .

Thanks Charlie

Seems v-bulltin may have been hacked, Phil got us back online quickly.
Maybe some further issue, were not sure, he is going to go through
protocols to make sure everything is secure. Hopefully we are fine and
that is it. Phil has a nasty bug and got us back online quickly, so hats off to him.

Hopefully that's it for issues.

The site has now had all the upgrades including some updates, so bigger, faster, stronger.
Just like our Mustangs. A few security updates, so we think everything is good now.
Hopefully it stays that way. enjoy.

Thanks Phil for getting us back online quickly and doing the updates required.

Interesting experience on CMOC, mistakenly hovered over one of the ads on the right hand side and got a pop up message, supposedly from Apple Support, that said I had a virus/trojan horse/malware, click to clean your computer. Looked closer at the web address and it was not legit Apple Support message, tried really hard to look legit, but it was a scam pop up. X'ed out.

Pretty sleazy if the CMOC site ads contain pop ups that try use fear of a virus to prey on people and make it look like legit Apple Support.

The first time it happened, I took immediately powered down and unplugged, took it to the local computer shop, don't think they found anything. Thats when I did some research and found out the pop ups are mostly harmless and you can close them out, just don't click on ANY links.

Guess I'm done with CMOC if that's how they run their site. Asshats.

SVT4MT;n34058 said:
Interesting experience on CMOC, mistakenly hovered over one of the ads on the right hand side and got a pop up message, supposedly from Apple Support, that said I had a virus/trojan horse/malware, click to clean your computer. Looked closer at the web address and it was not legit Apple Support message, tried really hard to look legit, but it was a scam pop up. X'ed out.

Pretty sleazy if the CMOC site ads contain pop ups that try use fear of a virus to prey on people and make it look like legit Apple Support.

The first time it happened, I took immediately powered down and unplugged, took it to the local computer shop, don't think they found anything. Thats when I did some research and found out the pop ups are mostly harmless and you can close them out, just don't click on ANY links.

Guess I'm done with CMOC if that's how they run their site. Asshats.

I've had that happen to me several times over the last few months. At first I thought oh crap my computer caught a virus lol but nothing is ever picked up by the scanners which I installed right afterwards. There is a lot of non genuine/scams stuff floating around out there so one has to be cautious.

Back