The Perfect Car Pic

That's one advantage to using a "real" camera with a zoom lens and not an iPhone camera with a digital lens..... being able to step back and get better results. Stepping back also allows you to get the second front tire in the shot so the front end isn't "floating" on the one side.

Taking all the comments posted so far into consideration, one of the best (luckiest) shots I ever took was of my '06 GT back in 2010 or so.

It was early evening (golden hour), and I was standing 30 or 40 feet away, in a ditch (!!!) , trying to get that perfect shot.

Black can be an unforgiving bitch goddess in the full sun, but catch it right and it pays off.

No grass in the pic, no utility poles or trees growing out of the car and great lighting.

Incidentally, someone once told me personal plates are great, but they're easy for people to remember if you drive like an asshat. lol

Not that I drive like an asshat, but I retired this plate when I sold the car in 2011. lol

IMG_0142.JPG

Last edited:
That's one advantage to using a "real" camera with a zoom lens and not an iPhone camera with a digital lens..... being able to step back and get better results. Stepping back also allows you to get the second front tire in the shot so the front end isn't "floating" on the one side.
My camera was made in 2012 and does not have much for bells and whistles on the body. Just two optional lens' I bought. 1 18-250 zoom and one wide angle. When friends take shots of the car with their Galaxy and iPhone devices and send me the pic the results are much clearer and more robust to edit. 4K, HDR and zooms are quite impressive on them. I have no cell service where I live so I call that an advantage. No cell bill or upgrades every two years.

Back