The Good Old Days

1712174647378.png
1970 Boss 429 Lawman Mustang being loaded aboard the USS Coral Sea.
🇺🇲

In 1970, lawyer and drag racer Al Eckstrand put together a Lawman Racing Team, consisting of two 780hp Boss 429 Mustang drag cars
and six 428 Cobra Jet Mach 1s, to tour U.S. military facilities around the world. It was during the Vietnam War, and servicemen were happy to see some of the musclecars from back home.
Two Lawman Boss 429s were built, one for Eckstrand demonstrations in Southeast Asia and the other for use as a show car in Europe.
The first car was destroyed at sea when an 8-ton ship container fell on it
(possibly the USS Coral Sea, ID 43).
So, Eckstrand hastily finished the second car, which was flown by Air Force transport to the south Pacific.
Over the next three years, the Lawman United States Performance Team performed demonstrations to an audience of over 240,000 servicemen.
In 1999, Eckstrand reacquired the Lawman Boss 429 from Sam Eidy, who had purchased the car and maintained it as a tribute to Eckstrand.

fast little car, but not one of Shelbys finer moments

View attachment 74157
I had bought one similar jo that but was 1989 shadow shelby had alote of fun with that friends had monte carlo ss was a joke they did not had any chance. But the the turbo in my shadow was not that good . Was funny at night when you open the hood and the turbo was all red just like you could see thru after a good run had to trade the after 9 month had to many issues whith the car had to trade it for a new 1989 z24 was less powerfull but was better. For me at the time..😄

I had bought one similar jo that but was 1989 shadow shelby had alote of fun with that friends had monte carlo ss was a joke they did not had any chance. But the the turbo in my shadow was not that good . Was funny at night when you open the hood and the turbo was all red just like you could see thru after a good run had to trade the after 9 month had to many issues whith the car had to trade it for a new 1989 z24 was less powerfull but was better. For me at the time..😄
Neighbour of mine when Iived in Moncton in 1989 bought a new 89 Cavalier Wagon with the Z24 2.8 Litre V6 with a 5 speed manual.

130 HP, Lots of Torque

It was a little sleeper 👍

Back