The Best of 2022

SVT4MT

The end of the year is traditionally a time to look back, so I thought I'd start a Best of 2022 thread.

Topics for this thread are open to anything you can imagine from 2022......from events to mods you did to diecast to pictures you took.....whatever.

I'll kick things off with my Top 10 Picks for Ford Hot Wheels issued in 2022.

The Muscle Mania series was well represented with Fords, I like the fact this series doesn't usually have any fantasy cars.

IMG_4073.jpeg

The Drag Racing series also had a few gems ....

IMG_4070.jpeg

Finally, rounding out the Top Ten...

IMG_4072.jpeg

I know it's more than 10, but there were some good ones in the Retro Racers and Turbo series as well.

IMG_4074.jpeg

Up next....... I'll review and post my picks for the upscale diecast from Greenlight and Hot Wheels Premium.

The end of the year is traditionally a time to look back, so I thought I'd start a Best of 2022 thread.

Topics for this thread are open to anything you can imagine from 2022......from events to mods you did to diecast to pictures you took.....whatever.

I'll kick things off with my Top 10 Picks for Ford Hot Wheels issued in 2022.

The Muscle Mania series was well represented with Fords, I like the fact this series doesn't usually have any fantasy cars.

View attachment 61515

The Drag Racing series also had a few gems ....

View attachment 61516

Finally, rounding out the Top Ten...

View attachment 61517

I know it's more than 10, but there were some good ones in the Retro Racers and Turbo series as well.

View attachment 61518

Up next....... I'll review and post my picks for the upscale diecast from Greenlight and Hot Wheels Premium.
Some great finds in that batch.

Some Greenlight offerings for the year, the Hot Wheels Premiums were a little more recent as you may recall from another thread.

I'm only posting a Ford related Top Ten (or eleven) for 2022.

The Greenlight Vintage Ad Car series continues to be a favourite of mine for the year, always some good offerings there, but not 100% Ford.

Passion Diecast has shipped my VAC Series 8 order, so look for those in the Diecast thread later this week.

IMG_4046.jpeg

Bigfoot #1 was really nicely done in the Black Bandit series, not sure how I got the lettering on the tires to line up like that. lol

IMG_4076.jpeg

IMG_4077.jpeg

I know Marc's a fan of the Green Machines, ;) , so I threw in a couple I scored through the year.

IMG_4083.jpeg

A few memories come to mind for me for 2022.

The best one, along what Trevor says about getting back to what we used to think as normal.
A 3 day, 2 night road trip with my son around the Gaspe coast.
Did some serious hicking in the Chic Choc mountains on the first day, then nice scenic driving with good food and craft beers in the evenings, including one night in Perce.
This was on August long weekend.
Check background RHS of first pic.
Still a few patches of snow in August.

52562F2B-D1D3-4246-ADA7-65226D24D9C0.jpeg

7A4F7232-8761-464A-9258-87E4B6ECC581.jpeg

AAA81ECA-4DED-4420-A07F-99FBFEDDCAF8.jpeg

Last edited:
Second memory was the Saturday of the Atlantic Nationals in Moncton, in July, when a few MM members were treated to a drive through the Fundy trail and subsequent return run to Sussex on twisty back roads.
Had never been in that area before and have to thank Charlie for leading us through there.

Ok, the chipseal on the Fundy trail was still not fully compacted and slowed our drive through there to basically a crawl.

The fun part came after that on the drive back to Sussex down from Adaire’s wilderness lodge.
The road was well paved with lots of curves, elevation changes and some long sweeping corners.
It was like a roller coaster.
A true blast, and the reason why we do suspension work on our cars.

B8E2FE60-44E4-44FE-8557-BD49FA470AC0.jpeg

54004DDA-4310-47FA-A5B5-4E0736CEA6D2.jpeg

Second memory was the Saturday of the Atlantic Nationals in Moncton, in July, when a few MM members were treated to a drive through the Fundy trail and subsequent return run to Sussex on twisty back roads.
Had never been in that area before and have to thank Charlie for leading us through there.

Ok, the chipseal on the Fundy trail was still not fully compacted and slowed our drive through there to basically a crawl.

The fun part came after that on the drive back to Sussex down from Adaire’s wilderness lodge.
The road was well paved with lots of curves, elevation changes and some long sweeping corners.
It was like a roller coaster.
A true blast, and the reason why we do suspension work on our cars.

View attachment 61702

View attachment 61701
besides the chip seal, it was a great run and beautiful day.
Up for another version of that this summer as well.

Back