Supercharged Coyote Daytona Coupe

AC Bill

Reading my emails today, and Factory Five Racing sent me an announcement about their al new Gen 3 Daytona Coupe, that was built for SEMA this year, and which they are currently taking orders for.

Their SEMA demo model has quite the sweet engine in it. Their write up reads as follows.
" We decided with the new Coupe to go absolutely insane with horsepower to prove the strength of the chassis and the quality of the proven suspension. Ford Racing and the good folks at Edlebrock teamed up to deliver 731 HP from a supercharged Ford 5.0L Coyote engine. The vehicle weighs under 2,500 lbs. full of gas and ready to drive."

10HOI_3670-1.jpg

Think that ought to be enough horses to get you to the grocery store and back?

Here's the complete write up for those that are interested..

http://www.factoryfive.com/whats-ne...ing, Inc.&utm_content=New-HotRod-Coupe-102816

TrueBlue02058;n9828 said:
Guy I worked with 01 years ago built one. Had a 5.0 with around 400 HP. This one must be a handful with 731 HP !

I really can't see using that much power in such a light car. Although you could screw with other hot-rodder's minds..
Reminds me of back in the late 60's when a fellow I know was driving his AC Bristol along I-5 at 100 mph, when a 427 Cobra pulled alongside. The guy driving the Cobra gave Wayne the thumbs up, then downshifted into 3rd gear, smoked the rear tires, and disappeared into the distance.

True enough...but what guy wouldn't be tempted to use it now and again, even if you didn't need it? lol...I know i would.

There's almost something sinfully delicious about hitting WOT, even for a short burst. I find the feel of acceleration, and the sound of a American V8 winding up, darn hard to resist. Be like carrying an open bag of potato chips around in your hand all day, and not eating any..:p

Back