3.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 73898CE8-6E8E-4EFA-BDC6-BB76E94C116B.jpeg
    73898CE8-6E8E-4EFA-BDC6-BB76E94C116B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Yes, that’s fair.

Why are you selling?

An X4 is a recent model.
I would hang on to it if it were me.
If ever you do mods or want to go to a tuning house, you’ll need one.
It works with all Ford models.

Things as simple as different tire sizes or a gear swap.
You can tell the car what you did so your speedometer stays true, and your transmission keeps shifting properly, if it’s automatic.

And last, you may not have used it but if you do get rid of it, make sure it is not married to your car by previous owner before you do.
Make sure your car is running on its stock tune.

If it is still married to your car a buyer won’t be able to use it, and your stock tune will be stored in it.
You need that stock tune if the dealership ever has to do any updates to your ECU.

You return to stock, dealer does update, then you dump after market tune back in.

You can find out if it’s locked by plugging it in and navigating through the menu.

If you read options carefully, you can’t break anything.

If you had car tuned for power, there is likelihood the tech used the tuner to di his thing.

You can ask him.
Any qualified tech can plug it in and look for you.
To them, it’s very familiar, being similar to their OBD laptops.

Yeah, chances are he used your SCT to download his tune into your car. So it will not work on another car unless you put yours back to stock. The other great thing about the SCT is you can monitor you cars values at any time ie: oil pressure, trans temp, coolant temp, engine load, spark advance, adjust tire size, traction control turn off, and one if the best Is your OBD reader for accessing trouble codes.. if you want a tutorial, let me know and we can meet up

ANother plus in keeping it, if you ever do any other mods
and want to tuner, you going to need a tuner,
they are around $4-450 now, so keeping it is never a bad thing.

No you’re not.

Take Al up on his offer.
Meet with him.
He’ll plug in and tell you if it’s married to your car or not.

If it is, you keep it to preserve the tune you have and like.

If not, do what you want with it.

But for all the reasons Al said earlier, and the reasons I said last night, I would hold on to it.

If you ever want to go on the spring dyno run in future, and want Pete to do anything to your car, you will need one.

Back