Proposed fall runs for 2020

Ohtobbad

Administrator
Staff member
Next years fall run takes place in Nova Scotia.
If anyone wishes to submit and area or Idea for fall run,
please do so here.

Once we see what is suggested, we will look at several for members to vote on.

Cabot trail has been done. I know plenty would do that every year and still not get sick of it.

peggy’s cove has been done as well but the same goes for that area. Never gets old.

That being said Annapolis Valley comes to mind but it is a faire drive to get to from the Island and NB. Especially Northern NB. It's 4 hours From Moncton as an example.

So many places but we need to make a logistical decision as well.

2001BlackGTvert;n34634 said:
Cabot trail has been done. I know plenty would do that every year and still not get sick of it.

peggy’s cove has been done as well but the same goes for that area. Never gets old.

That being said Annapolis Valley comes to mind but it is a faire drive to get to from the Island and NB. Especially Northern NB. It's 4 hours From Moncton as an example.

So many places but we need to make a logistical decision as well.

At this point, I don't worry about it, I spent 3 hours getting to PEI and 4 hours Getting to St John last year.
There willl always be travel with this involved. Ask Roger and Marc.
For some it will always be a bigger adventure than others.
I suspect its 4 plus hours to Baddeck as well for many.

We have the valley, deeper in the south shore, yarmouth and Digby area.
Along with the other side of Cape Breton. Pugwash to Antigonish area offers some great routes.
Eastern shore. the list is endless.

NB will also become more of a challenge in the future as we go to its farther reaches.
We already did Gaspe, which started in Cambellton, that was close to 8 hours from here.

Wherever it is, we will do all we can to make it another memorable run and I hope everyone who can
will come :)

2001BlackGTvert;n34637 said:
Yeah true enough. Travel is part of it. We will figure it out. Good suggestions there as well.

NB has some great options available. The peninsula would be a beautiful run. Amongst others that come to mind. We should be good for a few years. Lol.

I am hoping by the time we run out of areas in the Maritimes, I will have enough time for some longer trips :)

I've been wondering what a run from Antigonish through Guysborough and around by Seal Cove and Sheet Harbour on to loop back would be like. Have never traveled in that area. Open to anything. Will usually take Friday and Sunday as travel days. Never complain about taking a scenic drive to make the fall run!

I' m game for wherever the majority wants. I know Valley seemed to be one discussed while we were running PEI. I also like the other side of CB as a possiblility and deep south is also a great scenic option from the little time I've spent there. Could do Truro as a starting point and go CB way or back towards NB. A lot of coast to be seen in either direction from Truro. Possibilities are endless :)

Since I have not made runs lately I may not have any weight on this suggestion. But there is one run not done yet and not mentions so far. Its what I refer to as the mini Cabot Trail. There are section of this road that has ups and downs and swictch backs. It's the coastal road along the Bay of Fundy from Masstown, through Economy, through Parrsboro, to Advocate Harbour. It's also fairly central to the Maritimes. The down side is on the ride there would be little for accomadations. Although there's a provincal camp site on Ecomomy moutain, lol.

1573911682691.png

Cannot give any input as the fall run to peggy's cove was my first time in NS .... LOL yeah, not kidding! I have done the #7 on the south coast during my vacation but solely to go from Halifax to St-Peters to go see Max. Anywhere else is brand new for me, EVEN the Cabot trail! (sacrilege!)

Back