Opinions

AC Bill

I see this car listed as a 1967 Selby GT 350 Tribute. Yes Selby, not Shelby, so maybe it's a legality thing? It is a sweet looking car, and as Shelby clones go, it appears fairly well done. My question is the asking price. What are your opinions on the price, keeping in mind this is $US). Is it worth that much? If not, what do you think it's worth?
https://classiccars.com/listings/vi...mustang-for-sale-in-torrance-california-90504

About $155,000 cdn + 20000 cdn in tax.... so at least $175,000 cdn, maybe more if you have to consider shipping it from Cali.

Whether or not it's worth it depends on whose buying it, and what they think.

Nice ride, but it's a rest-mod clone, not a color I would really like, and thats ok, there's something to be said for that market.

Personally, ( opinions right ?), if I had the cash, I'd rather spend the money on a new Raptor R or put it towards a legit '66 GT350H.

Last edited:
I think it’s a bit steep for a clone.
But I’m not in the market.
It’s up to the buyer to decide if it’s appropriate.

I like performance so I would check if the same money could get me a restomod from Ring brothers or Detroit Speed, or something like that.
Built off a Dynacorn chassis with a crate engine and premium on handling and braking.
I’d trade the Shelby connection and legit ‘67 vintage for more performance.

Nice car though!

Last edited:
Talking of crazy prices, I got an email from Kelly Blue book listing Mustangs the other day, these are USD prices, absolutely crazy!

IMG_1534.jpegIMG_1535.jpegIMG_1536.jpegIMG_1537.jpegIMG_1538.jpeg

Nice looking clone as far as those go. Unfortunately I don't have that type of money to put on a car right now. However if I did I would buy something that is original and not cloned. I know it wouldn't be a restored Shelby of that era at that price either. Maybe an old truck with some power...... I agree the prices on some of these older vehicles have gone Bonkers.

Talking of crazy prices, I got an email from Kelly Blue book listing Mustangs the other day, these are USD prices, absolutely crazy!

View attachment 79540View attachment 79541View attachment 79542View attachment 79543View attachment 79544
I have seen the fox body Mustangs steadily increasing for the last two years. I know the Cobra was a less common model, but $180,000 seems a bit of a stretch. Seems Haggarty might agree.
https://www.hagerty.com/valuation-tools/ford/mustang/1993/1993-ford-mustang-5.0_svt_cobra

I have seen the fox body Mustangs steadily increasing for the last two years. I know the Cobra was a less common model, but $180,000 seems a bit of a stretch. Seems Haggarty might agree.
https://www.hagerty.com/valuation-tools/ford/mustang/1993/1993-ford-mustang-5.0_svt_cobra
This still shows ''concourse condition'' to be $117k USD (I logged in to my account from back when I was insured by them and was able to see the ''log in for values'' fields).
so if 117 is going concourse, I guess it depends on that exemplar condition.

Still too rich for my blood :ROFLMAO:

As far as the Shelby replica goes, very nice car, but I agree. There is probably something else in the price point that would get my eye, BUT with little more time for research, i am quite sure that it's roughly for that the replicas of that are are going for now, due to the sky high price of the real thing, and what amount people are starting to be ''willing'' to pay for these replicas now. The big auctions sites must have some data base on that.

This still shows ''concourse condition'' to be $117k USD (I logged in to my account from back when I was insured by them and was able to see the ''log in for values'' fields).
so if 117 is going concourse, I guess it depends on that exemplar condition.

Still too rich for my blood :ROFLMAO:

As far as the Shelby replica goes, very nice car, but I agree. There is probably something else in the price point that would get my eye, BUT with little more time for research, i am quite sure that it's roughly for that the replicas of that are are going for now, due to the sky high price of the real thing, and what amount people are starting to be ''willing'' to pay for these replicas now. The big auctions sites must have some data base on that.
too rich for your blood might be an understatement, based on profile picture
you have a bicycle :)

Back