New Engine for the "English Mustang"

Racerjiggs

We have decided to go and replace the 2.3 SOHC and T5 transmission with a much more modern drivetrain. No, not a V8 , but one of the new 2.3 Ecoboost and Tremec 3160 or Gerhag M_ 82. So we are looking for a complete wrecked 2.3 Ecoboost manual in order to strip it for the parts we need- engine , transmission, drive shaft and all engine. related wiring, etc. Found 3 manual transmission cars in CA. With my son Mark based in Buttonwillow, CA, the plans are to purchase a Mustang there, strip it for parts and ship the parts home. This is gong to take some time , but would prefer to find a complete car in Canada to try and get the costs down. Any information of where we can locate such a beast. Would be greatly apprecIated . Gerald Elliott. Elliott Racing

Nice cars. Welcome to the site.
The more established auto salvage companies are part of a national network and they can see each other's inventory online.
Maybe you already know this, but if I were you I would visit one and ask them to search for you.
There are two in my region. They can see what a salvage yard in Alberta has on hand, for example.
I located a set of heads this way a couple years ago.
My local guy sourced them in Manitoba.
I requested he have them drop shipped to my tuner in Toronto so they could be ported.
They accommodated my wishes.
They might be able to come up with what you need.
If you don't know of one in your area, I can ask my local guy to tell me the name of one of their network partners in your area.
Good luck in you search.

Back