Internet scams

thundr

I was a victim of an attempted scam. Thought I would share the experience just some you may see it coming.
So I have a boat for sale on KIJIJI. I get a TEXT asking if I could respond to an email address. So why not. The guy comes back with 5 questions. Like Am I the first owner. Confirm price. Why I was selling. More detailed pictures.
So I respond with pictures.

Here's what I got back......"Thanks for your response and am glad you answered my questions as requested and i will be very glad to proceed with the purchase,so kindly get back to me with the full name and e-mail address on your Paypal account to effect the transfer as soon as possible and also get back to me with your full home contact address so that i can have it forwarded to the agent who will come for the pick up and the signing after the payment has been sorted out because i can not complete the purchase in person at the moment due to the nature of my job...I await your fast response...Thanks"

Pecker Head,...... I send him this...." Sorry no Pay Pal, have your agent bring cash"

Jerk, what do these guys think?

I know a guy who just recently bought a house without even looking at it, which dumbfounded me. You'd sure have to have a lot of faith in the realtor, that they aren't selling you some sows ear they made sound like a silk purse. Amazing..

I hear about that exact scam happening on Craigslist as well. Seems there must be a few suckers out there that they manage to scam with success, to still be doing it..

Rumor has it the widow in Syria, donated the 150 million to charity, after sending out 1000 letters and nobody took her up on her offer:p

AC Bill;n1384 said:
I know a guy who just recently bought a house without even looking at it, which dumbfounded me. You'd sure have to have a lot of faith in the realtor, that they aren't selling you some sows ear they made sound like a silk purse. Amazing..

I hear about that exact scam happening on Craigslist as well. Seems there must be a few suckers out there that they manage to scam with success, to still be doing it..

I think that had something to do with the Hot Lower mainland BC Housing Market, where an old rundown house in Vancouver goes for seven figures.

Back