Installing BBk Strut Tower Brace on 2002 GT Convertible -- Help and Advice Please!

GRIFF

Got a BBK front strut tower brace for '99 to '04 Mustang to put on my 2002 GT. I have had a preliminary look at the fitment and as the instructions say the '99 to '02 models do not have a mounting bracket at the firewall along the weld seam. As a result the instructions say to use the provided firewall adapter. However the instructions for that step are sketchy at best and provide no diagrams or images. I have tried searching the web for an installation video but have had no luck. So I am hoping someone on the forum with a '99-04 has installed the BBK brace and can share a photo of the firewall fitment? TX

Interesting! I bought mine used so I am not sure which brand it is. But mine did not need any extra bracket at the firewall. I remember I had to remove the cowl to bolt it through but that’s about it.

It must be a different make. Beginning to think i might have been better off getting something other than BBK.

Okay...now this makes sense and confirms what I thought needed to happen as my brace has no holes on the vertical flange to bolt through the firewall! The BBK instructions had no details on how to do this and are generally sketchy. Besides they make a statement about "All hardware on the firewall adapter and/or firewall mount portion of the brace is installed in a vertical fashion". That really threw me! Guess vertical in US means horizontal in Canadian?

Attachments

• photo2723.jpg
    photo2723.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 0
Thanks "05 gt 5spd" for the document that explains this! The forum is great for getting help when you need it! Thanks everyone!

I am hoping it will make a difference on the convertible. But first have to get it installed!

Feedback i got on my previous post on the forum (Strut Tower Brace - Worth it?) seemed positive so was going ahead with it. [h=1][/h]

GRIFF;n25007 said:
Thanks "05 gt 5spd" for the document that explains this! The forum is great for getting help when you need it! Thanks everyone!

A Mustang friend in need is a friend indeed-

and the forum grows ,it’s what we are all here - for passsing on what worked- and what didn’t

just need as assembly goes on and finished pictures

Last edited:
05 gt 5spd;n25017 said:
A Mustang friend in need is a friend indeed-

and the forum grows ,it’s what we are all here - for passsing on what worked- and what didn’t

just need as assembly goes on and finished pictures

I agree, hardest part of new forum is the data!
As we grow, every little thing to big projects get put here
and we all learn, we also create a data base for future members.

Also there is a large amount of people here who have done different mods,
to have that experience here can only benefit the forum and all members.

2001BlackGTvert;n24989 said:
Interesting! I bought mine used so I am not sure which brand it is. But mine did not need any extra bracket at the firewall. I remember I had to remove the cowl to bolt it through but that’s about it.

I was looking at one on a car last night.Seems like a fair amount of drilling but pretty straight forward.

Back