Hennesey plus GT350 = Bad Ass

TrueBlue02058

Post King
https://youtu.be/QQZh8O3535g

Hennessey Performance (HP) out of Sealy, Texas got its hands on a bone stock 2016 Shelby Gt350R to test its top speed in an acceleration test. Hennessey Performance is a performance shop who has taken numerous cars, like the Mustang for example, and has transformed them to go over 200 MPH with minimal modifications from the factory.
HP has its own test site where they test these high speeds in a controlled environment – but before they start adding its tuning touches, the technicians at Hennessey take a bone stock Shelby GT350R and get a baseline run in – to see how much further they can push the car in stock form.

2016-09-15_00-53-25.jpg

That engine consists of a 5.2-liter flat-plane crank equipped DOHC V8, boasting a healthy 526 horsepower from the factory. As you can see in the video, the car accelerates quickly in the upper RPM range, with the ability to reach nearly 170 MPH. The crew did not shift into sixth gear due to the fact it is basically a overdrive gear. Fifth gear is still rated at a 1:1 ratio, which still enables the car to propel quickly with its combination of high RPMs.
The top speed represents a starting point, and it’s a healthy one at that. We think it will be interesting to see how far the crew at Hennessey Performance can take this car to. Will they reach 200 MPH? Will they surpass 200-plus MPH? Only time will tell, so stay tuned.

Now that would be quite the Track Car ?

been doing a lot of reading about Hennessy, they built some awesome cars, but I would not buy one
from them. The one they use is perfect, they ones they sell not so much, after sale no such thing
as warranty or customer service. So the rumour goes.

Your being very generous with Hennessey. They have a very long history of screwing over their customers (ie) holding on to cars for years, reselling customer take off parts without authorization, not installing parts that are paid for or cheaper parts than paid for etc... Any law suit goes through the local judiciary which is in Hennessey's back pocket so good luck trying win a case.

Before doing business with them read some of the Viper forums for the low down.

I've never done this before, I'm attaching a link that gives you the low down on this company which has other attached links that should be read before deciding the let this company even look at your car.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/06/john-hennessey-earns-crook-badge/

Thanks Shipwright, I know the odds are low some one in this part of the world buying one of their
cars, but this helps people not to get screwed and they are not cheap.

Back