Finding new posts

Yes new topics, will show you what ever has happened, since your last visit.
Really it likely should be new posts.

Need help with this too. Don't see this New Topic button. When I go to the site and not logged in it shows a button for Todays Posts.

Ok, I logged out to take a look, it shows as todays posts, when I am logged out.
When I am logged in, ( same spot) it now reads as new topics. Beside this it reads across.
New topics -- who's on line-- marked threads read -- member list.
I will get mike to change it, to new posts. But if you click on it, it does bring any new posts since your last visit.

Please try it and let me know if it reads different on your screen?

I spoke to Mike this morning, he has the flu, so give it a few days please.

So I think I have a better idea now. There are two links that are similar. When you go to the home page there is a column on the right hand side that is titled Latest Topics. It usually has the latest three listed there. At the bottom of the column it has a link See More.

Also from the home page, at the top of the directory there are three categories in this order; Forums. Latest Activity, and My Subscriptions. Click on the Latest Activity.

Just need a little getting used to. Neither of these two methods will allow you to get right to the last post of the topic.

thundr;n1094 said:
So I think I have a better idea now. There are two links that are similar. When you go to the home page there is a column on the right hand side that is titled Latest Topics. It usually has the latest three listed there. At the bottom of the column it has a link See More.

Also from the home page, at the top of the directory there are three categories in this order; Forums. Latest Activity, and My Subscriptions. Click on the Latest Activity.

Just need a little getting used to. Neither of these two methods will allow you to get right to the last post of the topic.

Well I have two problems, one I don't think that is right, 2nd, it is not what I see. Best I can tell we should all see the same when
on the home page. I sent Mikea PM and will talk with him today. hopefully have it sorted out shortly.

Considering what I am seeing is not what you see, is there anything else thats seems off.
This is the time to make tweaks and adjustments. While the forum is new.

I have had a look at the issue and have seen what you are discussing.

Indeed there is a difference between the two links. The show new topics link will show a registered person all of the new items that have been started since the last time they logged in. The other link, Today's Posts will only show the posts that have been entered as of the day that they are looking for.

That is a significant difference between the two functions.

I have enabled both for registered members so you can see the differences. If you log in daily, there should be no difference. If you don't log in for a couple of days you will see a difference.

If it is a naming thing that makes this confusing, let me know and we can just rename the links so they make more sense.

thanks Mike. Folks if you see anything else, don't be shy, nows the time to make changes and adjustments.
What I see is different than what you see, so please point out anything that is or could be an issue.

Back