Eleanor die-cast model

torch

Tech Guy
Staff member
Hey guys, I came across this Eleanor model "subscription" this morning while looking for something else. It's really, really cool if you are into model building.

It's a 1:8 scale, highly detailed, complete with lighting, die-cast model of Eleanor that you build over a period about 30 months. They feed you 4 "kits" every 21 days by mail and you just poke along at your own pace. It's not cheap though -- by my calculations it comes out to about $1850 USD.

They have some other vehicles as well, along with star trek stuff, etc. The DeLorean was the one that really caught my eye.

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 10.55.12 AM.png

That's a really cool kit, but $1850 USD..... thats pushing $2400 real dollars !!

You'd have to be a serious model builder to commit to that, but it's all relative I suppose, and hey, you could drop dead tomorrow, so why not?

Personally though, I need that $2400 for new tires. :LOL:

That's a really cool kit, but $1850 USD..... thats pushing $2400 real dollars !!

You'd have to be a serious model builder to commit to that, but it's all relative I suppose, and hey, you could drop dead tomorrow, so why not?

Personally though, I need that $2400 for new tires. :LOL:

My thoughts as well. But on the other hand, it's also a slow burn over the course of 30 months so it doesn't hurt as much?

Back