Autoslalom School

IMG_6091_zpse73ffcd3.jpg

It's fun, here's a co worker a few years back. Turn three, great location for a photo op.

Just to clarify, there are 2 schools coming up. The picture above is at AMP and is the High Performance Driving School. The Slalom school is done around cones in a parking lot and is also loads of fun. It is mostly low speeds (usually only 2nd gear max) and is very little chance of harming your car.

Does the lapping Lic, allow a person to do Autocross?
Or do they have to take both courses ?

I am signed up for the HPDS.

There is no requirement for a school to do slalom, just show up and participate. We started putting schools on a few years ago by popular demand so newbies can get a feel for the sport outside of an actual competition. There is no pressure at the school, just have fun and get some seat time. If new people show up at competitions we will put an experienced driver with them for a run or two if they request it. The group is a great bunch, and if anyone wants help or tips most anyone will be only too glad to lend a hand so people can have some fun and learn.

I think the school is a great idea. No matter how good of a driver you are.
Having some instruction from an experienced driver will only make you better.

I should know the difference between Slalom school and race school. LOL.
How is registration going sounds like it could be full?

Got out to see some tuning and testing yesterday at the auto Slalom.
11 New drivers learning, 60 cars for tuning and testing in afternoon.
Everything from economy 4 door grocery getters to Z06 vettes.
Fun to watch, Bill did very well. Went for a ride with Allan in is golf R, impressive.
Pics to follow.

Back