Automatic Transmission Service

JNaygull

I've been looking around the WWW for some help with this, my 2012 GT has 75k on it and as far as I know, there has never been any service done on the transmission. It works fine, however, I feel as though I should get the transmission fluid changed. What is the word on the street about that? Should I get it flushed? or should I just drop the pan and replace the fluid? or should I leave it alone?

Any help from you, the experts, is welcomed. Thanks!

I've been looking around the WWW for some help with this, my 2012 GT has 75k on it and as far as I know, there has never been any service done on the transmission. It works fine, however, I feel as though I should get the transmission fluid changed. What is the word on the street about that? Should I get it flushed? or should I just drop the pan and replace the fluid? or should I leave it alone?

Any help from you, the experts, is welcomed. Thanks!
What does the owners Manual Suggest ?

My Son has a 2014 GT and I remember seeing that Ford only recommended a change at over 200,000 kilometers.

I just looked, and it does say to replace the ATF at 240,000 km!! That seems excessive, but if it's not broken, don't fix it, right? :)
The new Automatic Transmissions are sealed and owners have no way of checking fluid.

If you don’t take it to the track, you should be good 👍

When time comes take it to a Good transmission shop for the flush and replacement.

I live in Shediac and dealt with Shepp’s Transmission in Moncton for a Clutch Replacement 5,6 years ago and they are # 1 in Moncton area ✅

The new Automatic Transmissions are sealed and owners have no way of checking fluid.

If you don’t take it to the track, you should be good 👍

When time comes take it to a Good transmission shop for the flush and replacement.

I live in Shediac and dealt with Shepp’s Transmission in Moncton for a Clutch Replacement 5,6 years ago and they are # 1 in Moncton area ✅
Nope, I don't track it or drive it hard.

I'll certainly go to a shop specializing in transmissions, Shepps was top of mind.

That said, if they say 240k, it will take me 20 years before I get to that point. :oops:

Thanks for the reminder to check the owner's manual, I never think to check it. :D

Back