ASCC Slalom discussion

Next event is at Stoneridge church on July 16. I will not be there, Trevor will but co-driving a friends car. The Mustang will not be present but is in great shape for the National Championship.

AC Bill;n5889 said:
Very impressive run Trevor, excellent driving!
Considering the conditions, your car handles wonderfully. I kept expecting the rear to kick out at any second..

I'm not a fan of slaloms held in parking lots with posts and curbs..as an example..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB-KBaevPqM

The car is very well sorted, and the tires help a lot. We were running 2 year old Nitto's on Friday and one year old A7's on Sat/Sun that were bought used. We have a set of one year old lightly used Nitto NT01's and sticker A7's for nationals so we should be in good shape but we still will be clobbered by the monster Subaru's in our class. As of my last check we were the only Mustang registered for the event.

. Right now I think we are held back a bit by our wheel/tire size. I would love to get a set of 17x10 lighter wheels so we can run a 295 tire in a square setup. Right now we are running Ford Racing and Cobra 17x9's with 275 tires.

As for the parking lots, I agree with you. If we could find a better lot somewhere locally it would be ideal but beggars can't be choosers. We have had surprisingly few incidents since we started using the Stoneridge lot 3 or 4 years ago and do our best to set the course to minimize the risk.

Well, the Bullitt didn't fare too well at Nationals. We did 2 runs each at the Test and Tune on Friday. On Saturday I did my first 2 runs, then during Trevor's first run, on the first sweeper, the drivers side front caliper bracket snapped. Not really something you come prepared for.....luckily it didn't cause any other damage. I immediately went to a local Ford dealer only to find that all parts departments were closed on Saturdays and found all parts stores (Napa, etc) closed at noon. Tried CTC but no local stores carried the parts in stock so the car was sidelined. Towed all the way to Montreal......

Trevor got a ride in a friends car (Honda Civic, very well prepared) and came out 17th in raw time and 33 pax out of 146 entries. I was offered rides but opted to watch for the rest of the event.

Hopefully we can get it repaired and out for the Aug 20 regional slalom at AMP.

Well sucks, but sounds like you made the best of it
And made it a fun weekend.
No major damage is a bonus

Ohtobbad;n6963 said:
What's the scoop on drivers school in Sept. ?

All I know is what I have read on FB. It seems a weekend opened up and the clubs got together to promote another school/lapping day.

bullitt2655;n6960 said:
Well, the Bullitt didn't fare too well at Nationals. We did 2 runs each at the Test and Tune on Friday. On Saturday I did my first 2 runs, then during Trevor's first run, on the first sweeper, the drivers side front caliper bracket snapped. Not really something you come prepared for.....luckily it didn't cause any other damage. I immediately went to a local Ford dealer only to find that all parts departments were closed on Saturdays and found all parts stores (Napa, etc) closed at noon. Tried CTC but no local stores carried the parts in stock so the car was sidelined. Towed all the way to Montreal......

Trevor got a ride in a friends car (Honda Civic, very well prepared) and came out 17th in raw time and 33 pax out of 146 entries. I was offered rides but opted to watch for the rest of the event.

Hopefully we can get it repaired and out for the Aug 20 regional slalom at AMP.

That's hard to take after all the laps you have done. When youre that far away from home. How would you even check something like that with out doing a mag partical check on every part. Where would you start. Would it have started from a small crack and just got bigger and bigger until it failed. Or did it just snap.

Can you point me in the right direction.
I have a friend or two who might want to sign up.
Trying to send them links.

Not sure if it was gradual or not. I suspect there was a flaw in the casting that finally broke. You can hear the snap on the video from inside the car.
I got an aftermarket reman part from Cardone through Amazon.ca but had to order the pins from American Muscle. The parts arrived in time and we had a good day at the AMP slalom on Saturday. Trevor took 2nd in raw time, I was 10th. It was a fun, fast course with 53 entrants. Fastest time was 1:38:xx

bullitt2655;n7412 said:
Not sure if it was gradual or not. I suspect there was a flaw in the casting that finally broke. You can hear the snap on the video from inside the car.
I got an aftermarket reman part from Cardone through Amazon.ca but had to order the pins from American Muscle. The parts arrived in time and we had a good day at the AMP slalom on Saturday. Trevor took 2nd in raw time, I was 10th. It was a fun, fast course with 53 entrants. Fastest time was 1:38:xx
So what is the arrangement for the AMP event. Standing start and pylons on the front and back straight?

thundr;n7446 said:
So what is the arrangement for the AMP event. Standing start and pylons on the front and back straight?

Standing start, pylons all over the track and stop timer on the front straight. Here is a video taken by someone else that will show what it looked like.

Lots of cones on AMP. I never knew there was that many. They must be trying to really get the speeds down quit low.

Back