Wind screen advice

PeterD

Looking to buy a windscreen and was wondering,
Is a screen better than a glass deflector?
Is there a Canadian supplier of mustang wind screens?

Looked around the forum and could not find any information. They are a godsend for a convertible. Had one on my last two cars and couldn't believe the difference on vs. off.

Thanks

2013 Mustang GTconvert.jpg
The first thing I did was add the CDC light bar and CDC windscreen. I'm partial to the look of the pillar bar with or without the screen and the fit is as near to factory as it could be. If you've already enjoyed a windscreen on previous models, you likely have your answer already. The flexibility of having the screen lowered for better visibility while blocking wind baffling in the rear seat compartment might be a factor to consider in your decision. There isn't a day cold enough (between May & November, at least!) that you can't enjoy a cruise with the top down with one of these!!

Just a thought
If you are planning to add a light bar later, buy the screen to match the bar the first time . Most Suppliiers have 2 choices of windscreen, a larger one for cars without the bar , and a slightly smaller version to fit within the bar .

lovethedrive.com - I’ve had one for 9 years - a bit faded - just because it’s always in the sun!

Last edited:
05 gt 5spd;n28199 said:
Just a thought
If you are planning to add a light bar later, buy the screen to match the bar the first time . Most Suppliiers have 2 choices of windscreen, a larger one for cars without the bar , and a slightly smaller version to fit within the bar .

lovethedrive.com - I’ve had one for 9 years - a bit faded - just because it’s always in the sun!

What Gerry said, I have the same one and I love it

PeterD;n28176 said:
Looking to buy a windscreen and was wondering,
Is a screen better than a glass deflector?
Is there a Canadian supplier of mustang wind screens?

Looked around the forum and could not find any information. They are a godsend for a convertible. Had one on my last two cars and couldn't believe the difference on vs. off.

Thanks
100_0982.JPG100_0983.JPG

This is my wind deflector from American Muscle works well,

05 gt 5spd;n28199 said:
Just a thought

Yep. This is what we have for the 2006

Gerry's windsceen saved his hat from disappearing off the top of his head and down the highway somewhere in Texas I think, a gust from a semi knocked the hat off of his head and it spun right into the back of the windscreen. It also made the long runs with the top down much more comfortable, we were still chipper at the end of the day while Jason and Dennis weren't as chipper

Rich06;n28245 said:
Gerry's windsceen saved his hat from disappearing off the top of his head and down the highway somewhere in Texas I think, a gust from a semi knocked the hat off of his head and it spun right into the back of the windscreen. It also made the long runs with the top down much more comfortable, we were still chipper at the end of the day while Jason and Dennis weren't as chipper

Rich were u in the car with him? U could have held his hat on like big and little Enis on smokey and the bandit. lol

smokeyandthebanditmkv_snapshot_000352_20160521_024830.jpg

I have the same set up as Aaron with the light bar and screen, really works well. Also if you are a music buff this screen helps with the sound in the car as it cuts out a lot of the wind rumble, I find it makes a big difference.

Back