What happened with Daytona 500 yesterday ?

Festus;n28613 said:
Toyota clean sweep- one,two & three . How do we Mustang owners hold our heads up and explain that to people? lol

We won't let any Camry's into the Mustang Coral this summer. (Even if they have Gull Wing Doors, and a Fart Can Exhaust). :FordSmile

I noticed during the race that the Chevrolet race Cars were Camaro's, and saw that the New Supra will replace the Camry in NASCAR in the next year.

The old Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday Mantra will have more meaning when all 3 manufacturers have their Performance name Plate entered.

The reason, your seeing Mustang and Camaro and soon to be Supra is because
the other cars are not going to be sold, Nascar made allowances for ford to run Mustang,
or Ford would not have anything they could race, did the same for Chev with Camaro.
Cars are not selling and one of Nascars rules is it must be an in production car, sold to public
In order to race it. Interesting times ahead, Also a major change coming to cars for next t\race with HP and Aero bits.
Also different system replacing restrictor plates for future,

My better half and her sister go to at least 2 major races a year. Lot of tracks have removed as much as 4 to 5 thousand seat because the tracks are pricing tickets way too high & also people don't like the new 3 stage racing format. They are doing a lot of changes and dropp[ng prices of tickets to get people back.

Daytona removed 10x that number of seats, dropped from 168,000 capacity to 101,000. The entire backstretch grandstand was bulldozed, no surprise, TV does its best to hide it, but majority of the time the grandstands are pretty empty. I lost interest in NASCAR back in 2008 or '09, don't recognize 75% of the drivers these days.

I don't like many of the rule changes, but Nascar is getting such big TV contracts
that it shows more people staying home and watching than going to races.
They say there over $$$ are up even with less people at races. The talent seems good
but to many rules to make it closer does not help and talent means less sorta like F-1
I watch a lot less than I used to with all of them.

My man was Dale earnhart Sr since he passed I have very little interest in racing. What I liked about him was he would race you hard or race you rough whatever you wanted. The younger guys today don't seem have the savey off the older drivers.

I used to go to Louden for every race, now its just hit and mis..
they lost somewhere between 10000 and 15000 seats now..
The Racing is still good, I do miss the old crew though. Still don't know all the new ones .. the vendors that made the tail gate experience have dwindled over the years making people second guess hauling rigs from all over just to sit around for 4 plus days with not much to do ..

Yah! Bad ending. Not nice to watch. Don't wish it on anyone.
Toyota guys got lucky at the end of race. Logano had strongest car in field.
He scored good points toward defending his title. It's a long season.
Rivalry or hatred between Kyle Bush and Logano is pretty real. Something to make Dale Senior proud.
They both race hard.

TV coverage is so good. Begs question of why go to the track?
Rule about cars being production units to be allowed to run is accurate.
Not officially announced yet but only two cars going forward for Ford should be Mustang and Fusion.
Was supposed to be Mustang and Focus but three things have pushed pendulum in favor of Fusion.
1- US dealers demanded to keep Fusion. It's a good seller for them and competes well against Accord, Camry, Altima and Mazda 6. All mid-sized family sedans for family of four.
2- Planned new Focus was going to be a world platform and large number built in China. Trump's tariffs on Chinese steel and aluminium have made importing Focus to US prohibitive.
3- New NAFTA deal signed last year, and Fusion is built in Mexico. Much easier to import to US than Focus from China.

Tracks where you can see all the action would be most attractive.
Bristol top of list. Roval in Charlotte would also be pretty cool.
Finale at Homestead would also be nice because it's Florida in November, and Ford is sponsor.

Like any other sport, these guys age and retire too.
We have to adapt as fans and accept new drivers.
I can go on about my past heroes too, Awesome Bill from Dawsonville, Marc Martin, Rusty Wallace (When he was with Ford), Dale Jarrett...
Then came Carl Edwards and Greg Biffle with Roush. They're all gone now.
I've moved on to Logano and Keslowski (Penske Racing) and the boys from Stuart-Hass Racing, Harvick and Bowyer.
Always Ford guys.

It is cool to see Mustangs and Camaros on track.

Mineral Grey;n28650 said:
I used to go to Louden for every race, now its just hit and mis..
they lost somewhere between 10000 and 15000 seats now..
The Racing is still good, I do miss the old crew though. Still don't know all the new ones .. the vendors that made the tail gate experience have dwindled over the years making people second guess hauling rigs from all over just to sit around for 4 plus days with not much to do ..

I went to the September 2000 Race at Louden and had garage and Pit Passes as well as unlimited access to the track owners Suite. It was an awesome experience, lots of Pics, saw Dale Jr. and Sr., Richard Petty, Jeff Gordon and all the rest up close. Dale Sr. was killed 5 Months later at Daytona.

Racing at the top levels is not what it once was.
I thought you seen green flag and raced till end
not they have schedules pit stops, engine and fuel limitations
etc etc etc. Gives organizers control over far to much and fans trying to figure out who really
won what.

Back